Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corona rebook

Poster: A snowHead
Holiday to Italy (Champoluc) cancelled for 21st March with esprit..they’ve offered to take us to la Rosière instead...to do or not to do?!?!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You will only have half the ski area as La Thuile is shut
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about St Anton?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd take the money and book for next year.

The closures across Italy are just the start and given 2 more weeks, I can see France and Austria being in similar positions. Of course, may not but it's a gamble.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton not an option.
We can keep and have same holiday next year at the same price...may do that...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That assumes they will still be in business though, which is also a gamble. Take the money.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarlet, exactly what I was thinking (sadly)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nadenoodlee, yep. It may well be fine, but they’re hedging a probably quite small price increase over a 100% loss, (or at least a load of hassle trying to get money back) which makes no sense to me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Savory, from your perspective the only real option is to get whatever refund you can. I run a business and at the moment we are in a situation where we need to get any income we can through the door, hundreds of other businesses are in exactly the same situation, I guess Espirit will do all they can to get you to book for next year. I would hope we are in a far better position to ride this out than medium sized tourist companies reliant on ski tourism, most of those will go (sorry but that is the reality of all this). Assuming it will be possible if you want a ski holiday this year book another one in Switzerland or Austria. Flights are stupidly cheap and you will be able get last minute accommodation. Book just before you go to minimise risk.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Should be covered by travel insurance if they go under...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not a case of judtcrebooking for this year elsewhere as we have a 2 & 4 year old so need good childcare.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's a good compact resort fine for a week currently great snow too. If you don't want the money or it's not on offer it'll be ideal for a week with little ones.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would get your money and wait and see. Its only a matter of days before France will have to shut resorts
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
warbis66 wrote:
Its only a matter of days before France will have to shut resorts
How many?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Savory, take the money
ski holidays
warbis66 wrote:
I would get your money and wait and see. Its only a matter of days before France will have to shut resorts

Based on what please?
snow conditions
We are going to travel restrictions through out Europe...
You might get somewhere but will struggle to get back.... As in people stranded in Italy.
So avoid changing plans as so uncertain
latest report
Alas I fear that’s coming too. Looking at the impact in Italy from reacting slowly I can’t believe the other Euro countries aren’t going to react faster. Téléverbier are saying not to worry but I don’t buy it. People are still coming from Italy as they aren’t closing the road borders and I suspect it’s only a matter of time... Really hope I’m wrong
ski holidays
It seems there are many hospital workers etc in Ticino commuting from Italy hence not closing road borders to Italy. They are not testing suspected mild cases so infection rates are going to be seriously understated.

https://www.cnnmoney.ch/shows/big-picture/videos/coronavirus-count-switzerland
ski holidays
La Ros is great resort for kids, and the esprit setup clustered around the nursery slope makes everything pretty easy. Frankly skiing over to Italy is underwhelming anyway and a ball ache with crappy drag lifts to get you there.
But what happens if you take the deal, go there, and then they close all the ski resorts send you home. You dont get your money back and you got half a ski holiday. I think I’d struggle not to gamble on skiing now but there must be a non zero chance of a shut down in next two weeks....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy