Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Squeaky Boots

Poster: A snowHead
I've just put my boots on and had a bit of a stomp about in them to check all's OK for VT and they are suddenly really squeaky! Has anyone else got this problem?

Any good tips?

I'd taken the inners out after last trip to dry them all out. Could that be it?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Squeaky clean, or just squeaky?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The boots are fine, it's ya knees that are squeakin' Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
depending on the model it is probably plastic agaist plastic, you could try spraying a bit of silicon lube spray (not WD40 as it contains oil) between the clog (lower part of the boot) and cuff (upper part ) where they join around the ankle, do this with the liners out so you do not cover them in spray

it used to be said that they stopped skeaking when you paid for them!! Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:
depending on the model it is probably plastic agaist plastic, you could try spraying a bit of silicon lube spray (not WD40 as it contains oil) between the clog (lower part of the boot) and cuff (upper part ) where they join around the ankle, do this with the liners out so you do not cover them in spray

cheers for this ~ will see if can find some suitable spray in random MTB stuff ~ must be some somewhere!

Quote:
it used to be said that they stopped skeaking when you paid for them!! Little Angel

had these a couple of years, bought directly after first trip as knew was addicted, so the hole in the credit card they chewed is now a distant memory ~ my skis (and hol) are squeaking quite insistently though ~ and you should hear my bank manager rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM wrote:
depending on the model it is probably plastic agaist plastic, you could try spraying a bit of silicon lube spray...

Mr Sheen (or similar household spray polish) can normally do the job well.

(anyone remember spraying it on your Rubic Cube to make it move more smoothly?)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, it used to be said that they stopped skeaking when you paid for them!!

By who would that be? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, it would be by a deep-pocketed Scot, would it? Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat, He nicked everyone of my lines over the years, as for deep pockets?????????????????????
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SkiBod wrote:
... you should hear my bank manager

Try spraying him with Mr Sheen
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, He nicked everyone of my lines over the years, as for deep pockets?????????????????????

Deep pockets/short arms

First out of the taxi, last to the bar...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, You know him well, rumour has it that copper wire was invented when he and a fellow scot started an arguement over a penny. Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What about Zipfit's did we get an answer?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, The answer is a little long. A brief version, also coming from someone whom has worn Z-Fit for 4 seasons and loves them,is, don't buy them, it's a kop out for bootfitters and the quality is highly variable. I been credited for all my stock and told i may keep all the stock. Should you really want a pair it will cost you a return ticket on Easy-Jet. Little Angel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can't find any posh silicone stuff, but do have Mr Sheen so will have a go with that ~ expect me to smell all lemony at VT!
latest report
SkiBod, don't use loads of it, just spray a little in, and see how it works.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy