Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to book - Coronavirus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

I'm due to drive down to ADH in April half term, staying in Oz village. Still clinging to the hope that my trip will go ahead...however my optimism is reducing by the day!

Stayed in Oz in the past with Chilled Mountain, lovely spot for getting about. Hope it works out for you and you enjoy some slope time.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

They are ABTA bonded as are many UK TOs

This is a really important point which I can't stress enough. Apart from the very smallest of one-man-bands any reputable ski company should have bonding to protect you from financial faliure and I would strongly advise anyone looking to book for next year to check that this is in place. It should be clearly displayed on their website, and they should be able to send you a link.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

This is a really important point which I can't stress enough. Apart from the very smallest of one-man-bands any reputable ski company should have bonding to protect you from financial faliure and I would strongly advise anyone looking to book for next year to check that this is in place. It should be clearly displayed on their website, and they should be able to send you a link.

I think we all know this. It protects from financial failure of the TO (package and flights) it doesn't protect if an area is closed that would be insurance related. Larger TO's may try to redirect you of course which is an advantage.

What's most important is that you purchase insurance that specifically covers supplier failure, in that case if the one-man band went under you'd be covered.

I have booked through Erna Low but I'd happily book direct with Odalys and Eurotunnel direct. I have insurance that covers me for supplier failure.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @James77,

Yes you are right that insurance would cover for an area that was closed rather than the bonding and is much more relevant to bookings for this year as you say.

My point was responding to people talking about booking for next year, but I agree that non bonded with adequate insurance to cover financial faliure works just as well.

Have a good ski Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

My point was responding to people talking about booking for next year

Got it, apologies!

Also just seen the ice-fire under your name.
Stayed a few years back when Heather (plus partner) were running the co. Defintiely plan to go back soon stayed in Campanules top chalet experience recommend to anyone.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No need to apologise - you were totally right Happy

Glad you enjoyed it @James77 - thats one of my favourite chalets too. Can we tempt you to a sneaky March week?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@marodo2712, Like you I recently had 'permission' to go on my 3rd trip this season (with 13yr old son) in the Easter Hols . . .got straight on the phone and there are some good deals in the usual high altitude French resorts . . .was going to book (on the basis that a full refund would be in place should that country / region go on lock down) however have now held back and will wait another 2-3 weeks before making a more informed / rational decision.

Biggest worry for me is lockdown occurring in country and getting stuck / quarantined - biggest appeal is a good price for a week with no other skiers!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, there's a Lyon BA flight around midday. Just sorting son's options out, looks like he's going to go for Marseille on Monday as there is less hanging around time in Heathrow. Still an early start from here though to get him there compared to Turin.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm booked to fly out on Monday to Zee am See, if it's all running I shall be going.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy