Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Survey: What is your favorite lift?

Poster: A snowHead
kevin mcclean, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
My reason for not liking Tommeuses was that I was stuck on it for about half an hour when there was a very strong cross wind, and ice pounding my face.

Was this the old 'Double' lift or the new high speed one?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daehwons, the old double - it's about 7 or 8 years since I was there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat,

The button at Craigavon has to come pretty low down the list?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, did you ever go to Knockbracken/Mount Ober?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, I was probably on the same exact lift at the same time. I had to resort to little storm hood that is usually tucked away and curl up in a little ball. It was one of those moments when you try and calculate the distance to the ground and the probability of breaking a leg versus freezing to death. Unfortunatly it was a little too high up and luckily it started up again
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat,

I have vague memories of being there when I was about 12 year old on a Young Farmers Night out Shocked

I drove past it last summer, there are still large pieces of the slope lying about. I wonder if they would let me have them?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Gornegrat. Wonderful any time, any light. Well it'd be boring in a whiteout - but I've never been in the train in one.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In no particular order:

Aiguille Du Midi - Chamonix
Valtourneche Gondola - Le Tour, Chamonix
Brevent - Panoramic Restaurant - Chamonix
Mannlichen - Wengen (nice long rest) Wink
Nasserein - St Anton, fantastic view of the town
Vanoise Express - Unbelievable feat of engineering
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
The Aiguille du Midi. Unbeatable, highest in the world, best access to terrain without need of rotorblades on the earth bar none.

Absolutely.... well, not sure about the highest, but the rest is true; awesome. Can't go anywhere near the valley without putting time aside to ride that....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nope, the Glacier Paradise lift in Zermatt is certainly the highest in Europe.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does the Euro tunnel count as a funicular Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
redrunmarcus, funicular: operated or moved by a cable. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best lift the Tram at Jackson for where it takes you and the cool as custard tram attendants.

Best lift of itself the heated 8 seater, with hood at Lech.

Worst lift is the wooden two seater that runs along the cold windy ridge at Livigno and breaks down every 5 yards. OK I exaggerate, every 50 yards.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The poma on Raise, in the Lake District. After walking for at least an hour to get there, you really do appreciate the lift!
snow report
Any powerful drag lift, provided that there is a group of boarders in front - always good for a bit of light entertainment...

Definitely worth the hold-up (even got some video footage of it last week!).
snow conditions
Personally? I prefer skiing to lifts. No accounting for taste though is there?
snow report
davidof, is that your missus?
snow conditions
Kramer, if so she's a hot judge!
ski holidays
Leissieres Express between Val D'Isere and Le Fornet. I love it when you pop over the top and see the next valley way down below you.
snow conditions
Marte - Las Lenas

Opens up line after line into 40-50 deg couloirs. Opens up Sans Nom and all the far away stuff. When it's open.
snow report
My favourite has to be the eight man chair with the heated seats in Oberlech. Least favourite is either the Funival in La Daille, or the Kleine Matterhorn in Zermatt (although it's totally worth it when you get there!)
snow report
My favourite has to be the 6 seat detachable lift in Pas de la casa. It's never busy ever!!!! This winter I saw people queuing up for the 4 seat detachable lift in Pas for 15 mins rather than walk 1 min up hill to this lovely empty lift. And they basically go to the same spot! Can't really get my head round why people queue so long for the other lift.
It could be because the 6 seat lift is a little more scary. Or are people really that lazy that they won't walk up a small slope??!!
snow conditions
The funival starts off great but then rapidly goes downhill(not litrally) from there

The trick is to pick your spot carefully
ski holidays
Kramer, is that the one up from some where near Zug? Is it any more special than any of the other heated chairs in the Alrberg, when you've had one warm bottom another just seems the same Blush
snow report
stevew, that's the one. I think I like it because there's some fab skiing around there, and becuase generally you can get the whole of your group on one lift.
snow report
I'll vote for Leissieres Express at VDI. I'd pay good money for a ride like that at Disney - both ways!
snow conditions
Kramer, I'll defer to you on the skiing around it - we just went up and onto Oberlech as we were doing (I found out later) the White Ring. I'd love to go back and explore the whole area in more depth, it was really beautiful and a lot larger than I expected.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevew, it's got some nice itinerary runs coming down the front of it, and some really nice introductory off-piste.
latest report
Its obvious the best lift in the world is first chair on a powder day Very Happy . Not a gondola or cable car as theres too much faffing at the top/chinese downhill to deal with. Doesn't really matter where but helps if its steep enough to match the snowfall.
snow conditions
Stannah
I am also a fan of Schindler's Lifts
snow report
I agree with stevew, I like the Sauliure Cable Car in Courchevel. Very rarely has a queue and the views from the top are fantastic.
snow report
The big cable car at Tux is quite spectacular, both the view and the drop beneath it !
snow report
especially if it is windy austin7!
snow conditions
For me it is the anticipation of what I am about to ski that I most associate with a lift. Sometimes the lift can heighten the anticipation, so I would nominate the ancient, 5(?) person top cable-car on the Valuga, St Anton. If you are the only ones going up with skis (necessarily with a guide) you feel even better.
snow report
I'll never forget my first time going over that lift that goes down the valley in alpe d'huez. Its pretty spectacular.
snow report
element, I thinks it's called the 'scare chair' Skullie
ski holidays
Can't remember the name of the lift, but the triple chair from Rauz up towards the Ulmerhutte in St Anton late in the afternoon.

If the weather is good and sunny, I just relax and enjoy the view up the valley to St Cristoph, ideally after a great day skiing the powder off the Albona and having had an excellent lunch in Stuben.
ski holidays
Chacaltaya
Roca Jack
Gulmarg gondola
Craigieburn tows
MRG single
BD Ascension
latest report
The old funicular from Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp, Murren.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy