Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair releases 2020/21 ski season flights

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked my Feb 2021 London Stansted – Salzburg for the half-term. Still pricey, but better than waiting for them to go up.

That is if the Kung-Flu has not done us all in by then, and global warming has not melted all the snow... snowHead too
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooft that's early for Ryanair, must be really needing the cash in.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pricey for where I am looking at. Will wait for EasyJet
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alasdair.graham wrote:
Ooft that's early for Ryanair, must be really needing the cash in.

They released the same flights even a bit earlier last year.

But you are right none the less Very Happy We are going to see plenty of airlines going bust.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might be worth waiting before booking any flights, especially with budget airlines until we know the full extent of the economic fallout from the Corona Virus. Some of them might not be around next season.

If a lot of people wait, bargains will be available later in the year as they all clamour to fill seats.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Desperate to get Feb half term 21 booked up. Love to go twice a week with the family then a long weekend without ankle biters never seem to get the weekend sorted though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't think there's any risk with booking Ryanair.
With their cash pile they can weather a shutdown longer than any other airline.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You may want to think of BA. If you book in the next week and have to change flights for whatever reason in the future you can do it for free.

I'm booking mine for next year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
You may want to think of BA. If you book in the next week and have to change flights for whatever reason in the future you can do it for free.

BA Gatwick – Salzburg return is £932.88 during Feb half-term Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Poogle wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

BA Gatwick – Salzburg return is £932.88 during Feb half-term Shocked

Even worse BA Gatwick to Grenoble for half term £2000+ for 2 adults 1 child return Shocked will wait for EasyJet release in April
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it really worth the money to ski at half term?! Christmas (and Easter) look so much better value.

For example, BA LHR - GVA return 2021 prices:

Christmas £260
New year £700
Half term £950
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
charrison wrote:
Is it really worth the money to ski at half term?! Christmas (and Easter) look so much better value.

For example, BA LHR - GVA return 2021 prices:

Christmas £260
New year £700
Half term £950

Ask yourself when the snow is likely to be best!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Poogle wrote:

GlasgowCyclops wrote:

BA Gatwick – Salzburg return is £932.88 during Feb half-term

Even worse BA Gatwick to Grenoble for half term £2000+ for 2 adults 1 child return will wait for EasyJet release in April

@klwood, you will probably find they are not much different from easyjet either, I look every year and they are always eyewatering. obviously it depends where you live in the uk, but if you are happy to, self drive can work out massively cheaper even if you have to factor in overnight stops each way
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
terrygasson wrote:
Quote:

Poogle wrote:

GlasgowCyclops wrote:

BA Gatwick – Salzburg return is £932.88 during Feb half-term

Even worse BA Gatwick to Grenoble for half term £2000+ for 2 adults 1 child return will wait for EasyJet release in April

@klwood, you will probably find they are not much different from easyjet either, I look every year and they are always eyewatering. obviously it depends where you live in the uk, but if you are happy to, self drive can work out massively cheaper even if you have to factor in overnight stops each way

I was able to get the flights for £690 for 2 adults 1 child 2 checked bags and ski carriage on easyJet for this years half term, woke at 5am on day of release in April 2019 - hoping for similar this year. The ba flights were this price from day of release earlier this week at £2000+ so no deal to have there. If we can’t get a deal then will consider train or driving (we are in a good location in West Sussex for any travel option)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@klwood, £690, that was an amazing price, I was up early as well when they were released, but couldn't get under £1500 for the 3 of us (Bristol-gva), and that was without factoring in transfers.

though I must admit, I have got used to the flexibility of self drive, so will probably stick with this method, will no doubt change when the kids have left school and are not confined to school hols and can get back to cheap flights/train etc!!!
snow report
I looked yesterday the Ryanair flights are more than twice what we paid paid for this years trip with EasyJet, I’ll hang fire for now thanks.
latest report
Ooops don't have kids so any aware when 1/2 term is.

When is it?

If there is avios availability then it is a fixed rate.
snow report
Next year: Saturday 13 February - 20th.

Actually a few Avios seats still available on the Sunday, and a couple back on Sat. That's just LHR GVA.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy