Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Chatel from Swiss side

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, finding very hard to get any information so here goes.... Booked on train from GVA to Troistorrents via Aigle and Monthey (our flight is just too late to catch the last connecting bus from Thonon to Chatel, landing 1620 next Tuesday).
Anyone know if and how often any buses go from Troistorrents up towards Chatel via Morgins pass? Want to avoid or minimise any taxi as much as possible. Will be in Troistorrents around 1830-1900. Any tips much appreciated, Jonny.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jonnycox6, https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Troistorrents/Châtel isn’t coming up with much help. And no personal knowledge I’m afraid.

Wouldn't it be just easier to get a transfer from GVA?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://tpc.ch/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/61.pdf
Bonne chance! Have done the train Geneva to Champery many times which works well but without checking the train timetables think you would be pushing it to catch the train departing GVA about 16.50 You would have to be very slick at Geneva assuming hand luggage only. No bus Morgins to Chatel. On the other hand you could ski it with ease the next day!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jonnycox6, I took the train to Monthey, then the cog to Troistorrents, then the post bus as far as Morgins a couple of times, but it doesn't run very late. The last one leaves Monthey at 19h00 and gets to Morgins at 19h38. But then you'd need a taxi for the last 5KM.
I will be in Thonon on Tuesday night until 8PM and then heading up that way in a Duster 4x4 with roofbox.
So long as there's not loads of you and you don't mind me banging on about England beating Wales this weekend, then I might be able to help you out. PM me if that would work for you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jonnycox6, On closer inspection of CFF timetable you can get the B 6166181 Bus from 3Torrents to Morgins at 19:18. For the princely sum of 6 Chufs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WindOfChange wow what a fantastic offer firstly so generous. Just checking Swiss rail says if we can make the 17:12 Geneva Airport train, would arrive 3torrents 19:15, 3 minutes to get to last bus for Morgins!
Already bought train ticket but if no earlier trains from airport could we possibly get in touch tomorrow to take you up on your offer? I realise would be short notice for you, but might really help. Only 2 of us, 1 suitcase, no skis. And re rugby, no problems we’re used to it from painful experience in 90s when you did us in your sleep! Cheers again, Jonny.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jonnycox6, Can you cancel your train ticket and catch the Leman Express to Thonon instead ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jonnycox6, 3 minutes should be enough.
The platform in 3torrents is right next to where the bus stops.
The bus is timed to meet the train ( not much point otherwise, and you'll probably be the only passengers anyway) so will normally wait if the train is late.
But if you want to go via Thonon, then the T71 bus goes every 15 minutes from Eaux Vives during peak times.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That sounds great, hopefully if we’re quick through arrivals may be able to get an earlier train (due land at 16:15). Got a Châtel based taxi firm to call for last leg from Morgins. Thanks so much again for your really useful/generous advice, will be sure to update once in resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good to hear that you're sorted.
It would be worth calling the firm soon to get a quote and to find out if they're available, as they might be busy.
Rubin runs 4 cars but I think the others are one-man-bands.
We once had a taxi booked to bring us from Morgins to Chatel after a night out in Morgins, and the taxi didn't come, they just kept hanging up when we called them, and we ended up walking at back at 2AM.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rubin Taxi phone number below. They will also collect from Aigle if you want to save time.

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just want to provide a bit of information (may be useful for folks 20/21 season now!).
We landed early so managed to get train from airport 16:42. Had to change at Lausanne and Aigle, somehow managed to get off train 1 stop too early at Collombey Muraz instead of Monthey, had to wait but next train got us to Troistorrents at 19:15, exactly on time. 30 second walk down hill out of station and there waiting was the last bus of the day (19:1Cool up to Morgins.
As you predicted WindOfChange was 1 other on bus, thankfully they accepted Euros (€6.50). We then called Joel Rubin taxi said would be 25 minutes. They arrived within 10, had a (very) quick beer waiting, taxi cost €22 to our front door in Chatel.
We were so lucky with Coronavirus, had lift pass Wednesday-Saturday which turned out to be the last day of season, got the bus to Thonon-les-Bains at 9:45am Sunday then train from there to Geneva airport, total cost €24. A huge thanks to everyone who posts here, invaluable help and much appreciated. Stay well everyone.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jonnycox6, Glad to hear it all worked out.
Hope you and your family stay well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jonnycox6, Glad it all worked out for you. How long did the train journey take from Thonon to the Airport?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ozboy, it’s an hour and a half or an hour and ten depending which train you take. Change at GVA main station for 1 stop to airport
ski holidays
bored
snow conditions
Yeah Thonon-Geneva just over an hour (lovely train ride). €13 single although ridiculously at Thonon, kiosk or automated ticket machine wouldn’t accept my FairFX MasterCard or cash! Was advised by staff get on train and see conductor. Never saw one so a free ride.
snow conditions
So here we go again, heading to Chatel Friday 12th January landing Geneva 13:25 for 6 day trip. Looks like bus L12 Thonon to Chatel 15:40 hoping to make this connection, train 14:32 from Geneva arrives Thonon 15:29.

My question is does anyone know more about bus service from Geneva to Thonon/Chatel as not much information I can find online.

Any advice much appreciated.

Jonny
snow report
@jonnycox6, what else do you need to know? timetable's online., it's a bus ...
latest report
@jonnycox6, what else do you need to know? timetable's online., it's a bus ...
snow report
Thanks for that. Had a look again, looks like bus T71 for Thonon goes from Geneva Rives stop, just wondering anyone knows how easy to get from Airport to Rives. Am I right that once at Cornavin it’s a short walk to Rives bus stop?
ski holidays
@Ozboy, the SBB app is good for GVA to Thonon trains. Times and ticket purchase in the app.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy