Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French air traffic control strike 4th - 9th March

Poster: A snowHead
*Sigh* Keep checking Easyjet for Coronavirus updates and now we get this...

We have been advised of a French air traffic control strike starting on Wednesday at 18:00 UTC 4th March, through to 05:30 UTC Monday 9th March 2020. Like all airlines, our flights to and from France, as well as those flying in French airspace, could be affected. Also flights that do not operate through France may still be affected as 65% of easyJet flights operate through French air space and may be delayed before arriving for your flight.

We expect that there could possibly be delays and cancellations due to the industrial action, therefore we advise all customers to check the status of their flight on our flight tracker either on our mobile app or website: www.easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker

Flying out first thing Saturday, so hope it gets sorted by then...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bloody marvelous!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just seen this too. Aghhhh
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aaaarrgggh - due to fly to Grenoble on Saturday...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Before Moosepig get's a a real headache these strikes have caused bother over the last months but they do have to keep an agreed level of cover. As the French airports are affected this stops some flights from France flying which frees up slots for those arriving in or overflying French airspace. Geneva was largely unaffected, some longer flightpaths and delays in the order of minutes. Hopefully, this will be the same again. Standby the Apps, especially if you are booked on an airline with numerous flights between the same two airports on the same day.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chocksaway, thanks for this, you have calmed my nerves a bit, as I'm Geneva bound
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chocksaway, Thanks for the concern snowHead

My friends and I are due in Tignes on Saturday. Covid19 + FlyMayBe + Chambéry + French ATC... wish us luck, I suspect we may need it Madeye-Smiley At least there's no storm forecast... yet...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway,
Thanks for the info, on previous occasions do you know when the likes of easyJet start announcing which flights get cancelled? Wondering if is only on the day or if they are a bit more proactive....

Why do I get the feeling easyJet might use this as an excuse to cancel flights that are aren’t full
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@moosepig, Would you like me to arrange one? Little Angel Little Angel If it comes off I would buy a lottery ticket.

@Neillp, Normally BA and eJ start around 3pm UK Time. I've just had a shufty and can see nothing cancelled, including the 11 BA flights from all London Airports to Charles de Gaulle. That said if the delays start building, then later flights may end up on the chopping block
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good to see the frenchies have their priorities right... Twisted Evil . off to GVA on Friday night at 6.30 from Birmingham, with Mr P heading out before me mid afternoon from Gatwick...what could go wrong I wonder...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@moosepig, Wishing you lots of luck but FlyMayBe looks likely to be FlyNot by the morning. Hope your plans come together or you can find alternative travel if necessary.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@tarrantd, thanks. We're booked through Inghams so hopefully an alternative will be sorted if need be. Fingers crossed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@moosepig, sorry! It's going to be a busy day at Hotelplan as they're and sort you out. The only solace is its low season i n the flying world and its notva peak week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
First couple of flights from Luton to Geneva, which is our route on Saturday, seem to have gone with no issues. Fingers crossed the same for Saturday.

@moosepig, Hope you get sorted out.
latest report
It is the same sort of industrial action they took in February - at peak season it resulted in lots of delays, but mainly only an hour or two. With much less demand now, as it is not school holidays, and less flights due to the virus I can't see it having too much impact.
snow conditions
Ah bug due to fly home from Andorra via Toulouse on Sunday
snow report
Just had a quick look at some of the routes (Easy and BA to GVA and Lyon from all London airports). There have been no cancelations and the delays look similar to what you would get on a normal day, 20 mins here or there. Even all BA flights from London to Paris have operated so far. A few internal flights within France have been chopped. Geneva and Lyon are both running well today.

So probably nothing to worry about (hopefully)
snow conditions
Just had a quick look at some of the routes (Easy and BA to GVA and Lyon from all London airports). There have been no cancelations and the delays look similar to what you would get on a normal day, 20 mins here or there. Even all BA flights from London to Paris have operated so far. A few internal flights within France have been chopped. Geneva and Lyon are both running well today.

So probably nothing to worry about (hopefully)
ski holidays
Currently on plane waiting to depart Geneva.

No delays. The pilot has said that we are going a different route due to the strikes but doesn’t seem to be having an impact here at least.
snow report
@Fridge03 - we flew back last night from Geneva and it was the same for us - the pilot avoided France and flew back via Switzerland, Germany and Belgium. Didn't seem to make much difference; I think we landed about ten minutes later than scheduled.
snow report
@chocksaway, @Rhoobarb, thanks... Inghams came through for us, we're now flying LGW-CMF with Tui snowHead

Will report back if ATC causes us any problems.
latest report
@moosepig, Very Happy I saw their website basically said don't bother us we are busy trying to sort it!
snow report
On 0700 jet2 flight still sat next to sir bridge scheduld to leave at 0830, bit better than 0900 originally told.
latest report
SAT: 07:15 Gatwick easyJet 8472 to Geneva - @07:45 Standing at gate, waiting to join 11 'planes currently in taxi queue. ETA into GVA currently delayed 70 minutes. Looks like departed flights have been delayed between 20 and 70 minutes.

Flight is pretty full.

M23 Gatwick Junction 9 completely closed. Northbound from Brighton you have to exit previous Jct.10 Crawley and drive 'round Crawley on A23. Absolutely terrible signposting - completely ambiguous, almost missed the exit. Southbound, it says the M23 southbound between the M25 and Crawley is completely closed.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 7-03-20 7:58; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Told ready to go in 5mins
snow conditions
@stevew, this is to Lyon
snow conditions
Waiting for flights into GVA. The one we are meeting, scheduled to land at 8:45 now expected at 10:09. Looks like about one in four is delayed.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Currently sat at Stansted on 9:20 Jet2 flight to Grenoble. All ready to go, but delayed due to the ATC issues. Current expected departure from Stansted 12:15....
latest report
Landed at lyon at 10:40 local time scheduled arrival was 10am so not to bad but probably put brakes on any skiing today
snow report
Flight from LGW delayed about 2 hours so far. Gonna be a very late arrival in resort! No idea if this is ATC related but I wouldn't be surprised as our destination is in France.
snow report
There seems to have been more of a problem around lunchtime +- a couple of hours, seems too be clearing now for GVA,GNB,CMF and LYS.
ski holidays
We're now top of the departure board and still with no gate. Annoyingly the later Tui flight to CMF is already boarding Sad
latest report
Board in GVA showing just 4 delayed flights yet to land this afternoon.
latest report
About to depart, 2 hours late. Explanation given from the flight deck... 100% French ATC industrial action.

Time to spare? Travel by air! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Flight deck speaking... Another HOUR on the tarmac. Reason? Guess.
snow report
Made it to Chambéry snowHead Just the 3 hours added to the trip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy