Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How far in advance to book lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going skiing at the end of March and having never skied before, my girlfriend is intending to get lessons. Having never dealt with this myself, how late can you leave it before you need to book? Normally I'd have no worries about booking now, but with the weather recently, I don't want her to shell out a load of money on lessons for her first ever ski trip only to find there isn't actually any snow left (or everything to get cancelled because of coronavirus). Any advice appreciated (we're going to La Clusaz if it makes any difference). Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
May make a difference if this goes into April with school Easter holiday and if you are considering group vs private, others can advise on the impact of these on your resort.

As to the matter of things preventing travel and or skiing then having insurance could help (but read the policy very carefully as to whats covered and what triggers reimbursement.

Also look at CheckYeti booking site as I have found you often get cancellable bookings (even to the day before the lesson) even if the school don't offer that to you should you book directly with the school . These cancellable lessons don’t seem to cost anymore and the site can also sometimes offer extra off for a new registration or with a promotion. I’ve used them a couple of times and had no problems , but have never needed to cancel.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm. Difficult question and IME you often have to pay upfront at the time of booking. It's not a super busy time for French resorts so you can probably afford to wait and see for a week or so.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info. Intending on group lessons and should miss the school holidays as far as I can tell. Will definitely check out checkyeti though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At the ESF where Mrs WoC works, you can book by phone and pay when you rock up.
Also half term this year was fully booked for private lessons by January.
But if you go outside of the main holidays you can just rock up Saturday afternoon and book group lessons starting Sunday.
Best bet - phone them up and ask.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is zero chance of there being no snow in La Clusaz at the end of March.

Ok, I'll correct that, there is a 0.000001% chance on the basis that the Russians might nuke Europe before then.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy