Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alps in April for beginners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your time

Just a quick one on thoughts for les deux alps in early April (5th-12th).

1. Is there generally good snow? Most comments on the forum seem to be positive on snow conditions in early April.
2. If there is good snow would this still be the case for beginner / ski school runs - as my wife will be learning for the first time.

Thanks massively!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ak1990, I've been here every April since 2007, now living here. Yes the snow is consistently good. We have excellent cover atm with more snow forecast. It usually snows in April too. There is a learner area at 2100m as well as at resort level so in the unlikely event they can't be used it isn't a problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ak1990, wot Claude B said. Just one extra thought. The green run from the higher beginners’ area is narrow and long - and can be crowded on the home run. Think about going down in the bubble instead. Have fun.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are back again on those dates, motorhoming just below on a campsite in Venosc. Def avoid the long green....just yuk. Enjoy the gondola ride instead. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Id think L2A was a good April choice. As the resort is "upside down" much of the easy runs are high up on the glacier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yellow Snow wrote:
Id think L2A was a good April choice. As the resort is "upside down" much of the easy runs are high up on the glacier.

This.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back from L2A - our first time there.

We've always taken our kids to larger resorts, so it was a nice change to visit a smaller resort (although I read that the ski area is merging with Alp d'Huez next year?). I wish we'd have started out with the kids here (we've typically taken them to Tignes/Val d'Isere) - from their POV they just care about snow and some slopes to go down.

FWIW we found the runs much easier in L2A - pretty much all the lifts up are within walking distance along the main stretch (depending on ages/any physical limitations). There's a large run from the top down (blue - Jandri 5 -> 1) which is supposed to be a tranquil zone but as with everywhere you get some people bombing down it, some in control, some not!

We're definitely going to go back - we saved £1k compared to Tignes/Val d) - transfer time from Grenoble in peak was 2.5hrs inbound, and on the way out just over 1hr 45... again much better than the often 3.5-4hr transfer to Tignes/Val d from Geneva in peak times. As you're looking at April I'm sure the traffic will be lighter than what we experienced!

The green mentioned above, Demoiselles does get busy and its narrow in some places as it winds down the mountain - when its quiet it's a nice cruise down though, some of the views across to the white valley side are lovely to admire as you cruise down.

Couple days before we left we found a great plant based (pricey) cafe/eatery opposite the DC shop there... not sure if it's worth mentioning to you but for us it was a god send as one of my daughters in veggie but also allergic to dairy (try explaining that to most places! Neh Neh). A quick snack there soon saw the better of 60 euros! It was good though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
although I read that the ski area is merging with Alp d'Huez next year?

Definitely not next year. Maybe at some stage but by no means certain and it would be a big lengthy project. SATA which is the Alpe d'huez lift company is however taking over the running of here too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claude B wrote:
Quote:
although I read that the ski area is merging with Alp d'Huez next year?

Definitely not next year. Maybe at some stage but by no means certain and it would be a big lengthy project. SATA which is the Alpe d'huez lift company is however taking over the running of here too.

I think that there was discussion on that in the 90s.

marksymoo glad you liked it. I leave my skis out there for my annual pilgrimage.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy