Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some Touring questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any ideas about ?

a) Crampons that will fit on my T1s well enough to do some mixed climbing ? I have Camp LC480s which are OK for snow, bot done feel secure enough at the toe to stay on on rock ? The duckbill doesn't fit the crampon well at all.

and b) Mrs Ski's Denalis are a real PITA to put on. She has to put on the (lace up) inner boot first, and the stamp her foot into the rest of the boot - I was wondering if I could grind away some of the shell around the instep ?

Any thoughts anyone ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a. Climbing in tele boots is not as easy as alpine boots or plastic mountaineering boots for the obvious reason that the flex is wrong for the crampon and the flange is making your foot longer while not allowing any weight to be borne by it. Grivel do a model that has a semi-rigid shank which may suit as long as the toe flange fits well into the front of it. My sister climbed McKinley in her telemark boots and then did the first tele descent of it including the infamous Rescue Gulley, which she found harder to go up for the reasons you have encountered than skiing down (50 deg of blue ice!).

b. If they don't go on with the inner boot already in place then they are the wrong size inner and shell for your Mrs' foot/lower leg. You shouldn't be able to put the boots on inner first... Grinding the shell won't make much difference other than to the life of the boot because you'll have made it thinner and weaker but may allow for easier access I suppose. Slightly agricultural though!!

Not sure that will have helped much - sorry!! Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy