Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kid stoke

Poster: A snowHead
Nothing more fun than riding with the next generation so fire up your kid stoke!

Powderpup 2 has publicly declared she wants to ride the Bec des Rosses before her brother Shocked not sure about that but it seems to have triggered a motivation for freeride camp!

http://youtube.com/v/9MIzPdS2zig
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where was your camera fixed ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robs1 wrote:
Where was your camera fixed ?
Head mount. Easier to point and less hands interference than than chest which I used previously
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And big shout out for these skis which both my kids have learnt on - designed for off piste but also carve beautifully
https://www.voelkl.com/en/products/skis/freeride/mantra-jr-6060/

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last weekend.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whether it's those gnarly kids or a 4 year old who has just conquered her first draglift, the whole process is such a joy. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pam w, Yes, you are right. I also like to hear of parents just sharing their pride. It's nothing complicated, I just find it heartwarming.

@BobinCH, @TheGeneralist, Thanks, great vid and pics. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It seems snowboarders start even earlier Shocked
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8mVKLuKCdd/?igshid=npqbgzf1sgg
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TheGeneralist wrote:
Last weekend.

Pro! How old? And is that an Airbag?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many Thanks, 12, yes.

He got really into it on the last day. We were knackered from doing Punta Indren in warm conditions and a lot of the off piste was crusty or slushyish. So we focussed on doing stuff with nice landings. What impressed me was his ability to link sections and jumps together and make quick decisions on the go.

I've been cogitating the airbag thing for years, and finally bought two for the kids. Decided that was a reasonable compromise between giving them the best chances but also not encouraging us to increase our risk appetite based on our personal equipment. No idea if we made the right call..... Horribly subject to contemplate.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@TheGeneralist, excellent. He looks like he’s nailing it!

I also got my kid an airbag. Most of the kids in his freeride club have one and they also train them on transceiver use. I have just trained him how to switch it on and switch it to search mode in case he’s ever in the vicinity of an avalanche so he’s not distracting searchers. He’s too young to search. I try not to expose him to any avi risk but you can never be 100% sure in the terrain here and he’s progressing so fast. it’s a tricky one for sure...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My little man a couple of weeks ago

http://youtube.com/v/9fBdEX_MCrI
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
doddsie wrote:

That’s huuuuuuuge Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
doddsie wrote:

Wow, wow, wow... That's a huge stomp. I just watched a couple of your other videos on YouTube, what a skier!
snow report
Doddsie's little man is awesome
snow conditions
Thanks, unfortunately unlike you guys I can’t ski the extreme stuff with him, I’m just not good enough. So I have to outsource it to instructors.
snow conditions
@doddsie, how old is he? Seriously impressive little skier!!!
latest report
He’s nine, though quite small so he looks younger. I wish I could take him down some of the lines you do in your videos BobinCH, as he really enjoys the steep off-piste.
ski holidays
@doddsie, He landed it! Just wait until he is a teenager and has no idea of risk.. you will be grey or bald with worry then. Very Happy
ski holidays
@BobinCH, given comments in another thread, and it was my first thought....the head cam doesn't move off your child. How did either of you know it was safe to rejoin the piste?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@BobinCH, given comments in another thread, and it was my first thought....the head cam doesn't move off your child. How did either of you know it was safe to rejoin the piste?

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought that Embarassed
latest report
Quote:

holidayloverxx wrote:

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought that

You can clearly see the piste running at 90 degrees in front of them. So why would you need to move your head?
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, @robs1, I won't speak for @BobinCH, but IMO you can clearly see the piste at all times in the video and even if you focus on the his kid throughout the video, I bet you still see the piste and skiers in your periphery. I think you're both reaching here. Its a great vid of a Dad being rightly proud of his little skier... leave it at that.
latest report
No problem for the question. The honest answer is I can’t remember but I’m super aware of my kids crashing onto the piste from the side. My son is a persistent offender so I’m regularly reminding them to look uphill, stop at side of piste, don’t stop under lips etc. Looking at the vid as per the comments above we were coming in from a wide angle so I guess I could see the piste was clear. It also looks like I tried to position myself above my daughter which I often do anyway on a busy piste - although she’s getting faster and more adventurous which makes it harder
latest report
doddsie wrote:
He’s nine, though quite small so he looks younger. I wish I could take him down some of the lines you do in your videos BobinCH, as he really enjoys the steep off-piste.

He is seriously good for a 9yr old. If he’s at that level based on 1 week a year trips then it’s remarkable and he has rare talent. I don’t know of a 9yr old dropping cliffs like that in Verbier! He’s well ahead of my boy.
snow conditions
@RichClark, not reaching. Genuine question which Bob has answered. The kid is indeed a great skier and i enjoyed the video till that last moment
snow report
Looking at the vid it did cross my mind that there wasn't an overt look up slope (which also signals to other skiers that you are paying attention) but camera viewpoint also isn't good at reflecting what you actually see. There's a bigger issue here though... Will you please stop encouraging these kids! It's hard enough being mediocre (at best) off piste without being embarrassed by toddlers exploits Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@adithorp, 2 good points, well made
snow conditions
BobinCH - He does a lot more than 1 week a year
snow report
@doddsie, amazing videos, just watched them with my 14yr old who is well impressed. Great carving down Ranfoiily and Foillets du golf.

Such a nice style.
snow conditions
Thanks Polo, I used to take the camera out for 1 day each Easter, so we had a record of his level at the end of each season. We don’t do it any more, which I’ll probably regret when he’s older.
snow conditions
doddsie wrote:
Thanks Polo, I used to take the camera out for 1 day each Easter, so we had a record of his level at the end of each season. We don’t do it any more, which I’ll probably regret when he’s older.

If you’re in PdS bring him over to Verbier and we can go out with Logan, also 9 and likes flying (although not as high!)
snow conditions
I’m in Verbier in March without him, but I’ll definitely get him over at some point in the next year or so. When I do I’ll drop you a pm and we can get the kids together.
snow report
@doddsie, please do. I have a mate with an 8 year old who we ski with who is quite tasty too! Just pulled his first backflip!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8UA78BJI6bi-0kM01q1-faP4Sfchsaxcs1-DI0/?igshid=fbga7b5s88ue
snow report
Spring skiing training. Powderpup back up and running. The jealousy of his sister is strong in this one Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/EW_o5Uv19V4
latest report
doddsie wrote:

Wow! His DIN settings must be cranked up high for his not to lose a ski on that landing!!
ski holidays
Little one upping the gnar in her own understated way...

http://youtube.com/v/MFwLsYcibKQ
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy