Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at Switzerland again next year, and would like to go to Zermatt, but I think price might be an issue.
The Hotels Primavera and Bijou look good value, does anyone have any experience of these, would want half board.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AndyC,

Do a search. There is bound to be loads of stuff on Zermatt. snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
AndyC, I think Zermatt's reputation for expensiveness is a bit undeserved. I went there last season and it was certainly no more expensive than the large French resorts. We stayed at the Bella Vista which was excellent but doesn't do evening meals every night.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndyC, I'm currently doing the budget version of Zermatt...staying in Tasch!! There's nothing there, other than car parks....but the Best Western hotel is just over £30 per night for a single room!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try the hotel testa grigia. it is on the main road right in the middle of town about a 100 meters from the gornergrat station. i really liked it and it was cheap....about 70 francs for a single room. they only serve breakfast so you would be on your own for dinner. there are some reasonably priced restaurants in town that look good, you just need to look around.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.hotelbahnhof.com/Default.asp?L=Eng
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It has a very efficient tourist office - email them with your budget and requirements and they'll get back to you with availability and suggestions - not that availability should be too much of a problem at this point!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AndyC, we are going for christmas, after going there for the last week in Jan this year.

We found it MUCH cheaper than France, certainly for beer (and that's our main expense during a skiing holiday!)

The food was about the same price as French resorts, but certainly much better quality.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc wrote:
We found it MUCH cheaper than France, certainly for beer (and that's our main expense during a skiing holiday!)

You must have been here: http://www.northwallbar.com/prices/prices.php
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian wrote:
AndyC, I think Zermatt's reputation for expensiveness is a bit undeserved. I went there last season and it was certainly no more expensive than the large French resorts..............

I've had the same impression. Hotel Perrin is worth a look.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Bell, certainly did go in there. We mentioned to pocket that you had recommended the place to us Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lunch on them mountain tends to be more expensive in Zermatt, but then again there's no such thing as a bad meal there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The self service restaurants are about the same price as in the bigger French resorts, and in Cervinia you can got some lovely pasta dishes at a very reasonable price. NehNeh

I found that beer etc was about the same price, but for us it was the cost of ski hire, passes and lessons that made our stay expensive Confused However, it was worth it, and I would definately go back again one day snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zermatt is highly recommended you should definately go...

Ski area is large, technical (check out the famous long yellow freeride runs), includes some huge vertical drops (from 3990m)
and senary is amazing.

We stayed the Bijou hotel you mention which offers good food, decent bar and rooms, etc.
Hotel location is at the top of the town and close to (via a steepish hill) one of the main lifts.

The town itself is much more attractive than most french resorts.

Only downer for me is the expensive area pass if you include access to Cervinia.

If you want a good package deal maybe consider going late season???
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AndyC, Stayed at the Hotel Bijou at Winkelmatten very close to a gondola in the summer about 3 years ago. We got up one morning at 06:30 to watch the pink sunrise on the Matterhorn from our bedroom. It was absolute magic!!. The rooms were very comfortable but dinner, although very tasty and well presented was not that hearty. I mentioned this one evening and was presented with a second dinner to eat - served me right!

That said the hotel is in a great position for the slopes in lovely surroundings. I'd go there again in the winter for its position.
snow conditions
Alternatively look at the Matterhorn ski weeks:

http://www.matterhornskiwochen.ch/e-home-frame.htm

You need to get yourself there, but you can choose from HB or B&B, 7 days including ski hire, lessons and lift pass - run most of the season except school hols
latest report
dannyr, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dannyr, welcome to snowHeads as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy