Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre vs Les Saisies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been to Montgenevre a couple of times. Am considering going back next year, but wondering whether Les Saisies may be an alternative.
Things we loved about Montgenevre:
Great ski school for kids (Apeak)
Quiet resort
Lots of easy runs to explore with kids
The luge run!
Proximity of accommodation to slopes
Short transfer

For people who have been to both resorts, is there any reason to go to Les Saisies over Montgenevre? They seem very similar resorts in many respects. Anything that would put Les Saisies above Montgenevre for you?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Saisies would give child friendly runs and shortish transfers.
They have remodelled the village center this season which has improved crossing from one side of the village to the other
All the accomodation is either on or close to the slopes
You have the mountain twister luge at les Saisies.
Generally good snow

PamW will no doubt give you some more info.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only skied Les Saisies out of the two, but I'd agree that on paper they seem like similar resorts.

One reason to go is that it'll be somewhere new to explore. All of the advantages you listed about Mongenevre also apply to Les Saisie, even down to the luge run. Quiet slopes has a caveat though - pamw often mentions it can be very busy over new year / half term. Not sure when you are planning on going...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for your responses.

Planning on going either end January or 27th March (early easter holidays for our school).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been to both but know Montgenevre better.
I would say that the pros of Montgenevre are bigger vertical drop on some runs, higher altitude and ski schools are very good.
Les Saisies seems to have a good snow record for its altitude and is a beautiful resort. It is easier to get to for us as we tend to drive. It is very French and there are fewer Brits. This is a plus for us. I am sure the ski school is fine we just don't have much experience of it.

Les Saisies has the things you are looking for so I would give it a go.

Whilst I love both resorts I don't find them similar other than that they both have a good number of tree lined runs which I like.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never been to Montgenevre so can't compare. Are you looking for a package holiday? There aren't any to Saisies. It only really makes sense if you drive. Good ESI ski school for kids with very small groups ( at extra cost).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
I've never been to Montgenevre so can't compare. Are you looking for a package holiday? There aren't any to Saisies. It only really makes sense if you drive. Good ESI ski school for kids with very small groups ( at extra cost).

Hello - no, not looking for a package. We would diy but with a flight.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I'm happy to tell you anything you need to know but can't do comparisons!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is also the newish leisure centre/pool at LS, and perhaps easier access to the wider area pass.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:

Peak retreats who we used do self drive or train to Les Saisies but not packages with air travel.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Les Saisies doesn't have the M25 going straight through it, or parking for 12,000.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ugo wrote:
Les Saisies doesn't have the M25 going straight through it, or parking for 12,000.

Ha ha - yes, good point!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Well I'm happy to tell you anything you need to know but can't do comparisons!!

Thank you. We would like a self catering apartment, ski in/out if possible, close to a supermarket. Any of the apartments complexes you would recommend as being well positioned?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's quite a small village - if you're not in ski boots! There is a big range of apartments, from quite new, luxurious, with pools etc to the more traditional French "shoe boxes". Most are pretty convenient. What's your budget? The tourist office website gives you a good feel for the range. I suspect quite a few of them won't have thought much about bookings for next season yet! The 8 a 8 supermarket is very much in the centre of the village so easily accessible from anywhere, really. As always, a big shop in a proper supermarket on your drive up would save some cash. There are a couple of boulangeries, a very good (and expensive) butcher, traiteurs etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy