Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton New GalzigBahn 2006/2007

Poster: A snowHead
It's the concrete mixing trucks that get me. Immaculate. You don't see them like that here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your notice that most trucks & vans are kept immaculate on the continent especially Holland, Germany,Switzerland,Austria.

Theres a law over here in Holland. Trucks have to be kept clean. Also another law trade vans,taxis are not allowed to be parked on streets overnight they have to be garaged or parked at a central site.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
Your notice that most trucks & vans are kept immaculate on the continent especially Holland, Germany,Switzerland,Austria.

Theres a law over here in Holland. Trucks have to be kept clean. Also another law trade vans,taxis are not allowed to be parked on streets overnight they have to be garaged or parked at a central site.

Sounds like some very sensible rules to me. It really annoys me when inconsiderate van drivers park near junctions making emerging from them a tricky business.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Taking shape like a jigsaw puzzle !

short link
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm not quite clear - is this just the first stage of Galzig or the second stage too? (The third stage being the Valluga lift)
Unless it is both there will be quite a bottleneck up there instead.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just 1st stage. No plans for any upgrade of the Valluga (2nd stage)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello all!
We're a family group of 8 adults and 5 kids. We already have the flight tickets to Zurich airport and have decided to try St. Anton first week of December (between 2nd until 9th). My question is on regards of the "sure-snow" what this resort could offer us within that season period? Do you know what we could find there? Any other suggestion in the Zurich radius of 3 hours for the transfer?

Many thanks in advance.
BTW I'm not sure if I have post in the right place of the forum..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i would not worry.

The ski area company prides itself On the fact it can cover all the main pistes top bottom with manmade snow in 3 days ! Theres never a problem with getting vertical in Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The double loop monocable is being strung.

Its going to be weird using it having watched it being built from scratch.

Hopefully by late March any technical niggles (or disasterous catastrophes), will have been ironed out. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.galzigbahn.at/download.php?view.42
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello folks!
Finally we have choosen Lech in the Arlberg area, between 2nd and 9th of December. We've booked a beautiful house with three apartments for 13 people at Oberlech. hopefully this year will snowfall there within that period. Anybody has experience skiing in Lech in that season period? I guess they'll make artificial snow with cannons, at least...'cause would be terrible go there and not being able to enjoy those slopes...I'm praying and praying so much... wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If theres not any natural (unlikely) they got snowmaking so there will not be a problem. Oberlech is fantastic. Your luggage is transported by underground railway !
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah yes. Underlech
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bitter, bitter, bitter.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
... as opposed to Lager, Lager, Lager?
ski holidays
stanton, no it isn't! There's a tunnel system connecting the cable car to ( almost ) every hotel in the village, but there isn't an underground railway. They rely on porter power to get your luggage from the cable to the hotel. Having said that, you are right, Oberlech is fantastic! There are no cars in the entire village, for the simple reason that there are no roads!
snow report
Are the tunnels 'unter Oberlech' for walking through, then?

Another Austrian ski resort - Serfaus - has a mini underground railway to get you around, which enabled the place to pedestrianise above.
snow report
David Goldsmith, http://www.funimag.com/funimag13/serfaus01.htm Cool
ski holidays
That's an interesting link. I'd been looking for photos. Thanks.

Still looking for a photo of a lampbus. I googled the name and got this one photo from Hong Kong International Airport:

Is that really a lampbus?
latest report
Mike Lawrie,

Sorry,Your right about the it not bein a train tunnel system. Heres a btter explanation

short link

There is a road in the summer !

http://live.flashing.net/skiarlberg/oberlech.jpg
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, it could be, but Im better looking Cool
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, yes the whole village is linked up by a web of underground tunnels for walking. If I remember rightly they also drive electric carts through them for transporting the luggage to the hotels. The first time I booked a weekend in Oberlech I was blissfully ignorant of these arrangements and actually drove up the road as far as the entrance to the tunnel, and then spent ten minutes having the facts of life in Oberlech explained to me by someone on the other end of the intercom who absolutely refused to open the barrier for me rolling eyes Drove all the way back down again and dumped the car in the underground car park in Lech, directly opposite the cable up to Oberlech. Gave the luggage to the chaps in the cable car, and magically everything appeared in my hotel room half an hour later... Cool is the only word for it. Plus the hotel was wonderful, great view, brilliant food, great bar and of course ski in ski out. What more can you ask for?
snow report
Excellent details of the cable splicing and I see the new Gondolas have a arrived. A nice shade of dark blue I see. Laughing
snow report
Video

http://www.galzigbahn.at/download.php?view.51
ski holidays
What a fantastic contraption.
latest report
http://www.galzigbahn.at/e107_plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php?show=39.Arbeiten%20Woche%2047
latest report
Completed

http://www.galzigbahn.info/e107_plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php?show=40.Abnahme%20Durch%20Das%20BMVIT
snow report
What a fantastic effort. Completed in 7 months. I shall look forward to using it in January.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A superb effort that would be unlikely to be achieved here.

Just need some snow now Laughing
latest report
I think its an amazing feat of engineering and would visit the resort just to go on it if i was in the neighbourhhood.
snow report
BOD wrote:
What a fantastic effort. Completed in 7 months

They put the Nassereinbahn (Gondola) up in 3.5 months Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy