Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA - Boots in hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chuckles3 wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Do BA fly charter flights? I thought it was scheduled only, and tour operators buy seats on those scheduled services?

Not sure about ski flights but been taking a chartered flight to Greece with BA on behalf of a Neilson for several years now. So yes, they do exist.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We looked at a trip a while back with a TO that used BA charter flights - I have status with them (lounge access, extra bags etc) but I was told by BA that as it was a charter flight the TO sets the terms and that my usual benefits wouldn't apply. Subject to the usual security stuff I've never encountered any issue on a scheduled flight with what goes in your carry on as long as it fits their limits so it sounds like the TO is looking to pick up some additional baggage charges
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

was told by BA that as it was a charter flight the TO sets the terms and that my usual benefits wouldn't apply

This. Unfortunately on a charter the TO can do what they like (and will probably blame BA). But check the flight number, if it's a charter I think it's BACxxxx, so if the flight number is BAxxxx then the TO has bought seats on a scheduled BA flight and BA rules apply,
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is the TO Le Ski?

They charter a BA flight out of Manchester on a Sunday. 90 odd seats on a fairly small plane.

If I remember correctly, they only have a 5kg hand luggage allowance, which might explain the no ski boots ruling.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My view is, security check bags, not check in or boarding. So long as your bag is compliant with size and weight they have no choice but to accept it. You could always wear your boots wink

We took two pairs of boots in the hand luggage from Birmingham via Amsterdam and Calgary to Kelowna at Christmas, security did not open the bags with the boots in.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is a specifically chartered flight, but have seen several people with typical and obvious boot bags and no one cares... So in conclusion its the same as usual despite what the TO claimed...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy