Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Link from Zell am See to Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the possibility of skiing next January in Zell am See (organised group trip with a great bunch of people). I am a little concerned about the size of the area but note that there is now a link to Saalbach area. Is this a good link that you can use on a daily basis without it feeling too tedious? I am a typically intermediate, happy on reds. Any input gratefully received. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dobby, nothing wrong with the size of the Zell am See ski area unless you have a bizarre fear of skiing the same piste more than once. AFAIK the link to Ski Circus is a tricky narrow red piste down to Viehhofen (which you could avoid by downloading), then a short bus ride to Vorderglemm. You can also easily get a bus to Kaprun ski area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a new gondala. You'd then need to take a 8 mins skiing bus to Saalbach.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@queenie pretty please, @Scamper, thanks both. Looks simples.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm there in 2 weeks. going to try and ski Zell, Salbaach and Kaprun in 3 days with a car. I'll let you know how it goes. We're staying in Zell. My other half is a beginner skier, covers teh ground slowly and prefers blues. Be interesting to see how much we cover.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The piste down to Vierhofen (well it leads to a gondola to download the last little bit to the ski bus stop) is a tad narrow at the top, but only really tricky if its cut up / icy etc late in the day. on the assumption youre skiing it early doors on the way to Saalbach, then its a lovely run. Disco gondola on the way backup.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cameronphillips2000, if the snow is half decent, swap kaprun for hochkonig. You'll need a super ski card though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cameronphillips2000, it'll be good to find out how you get on
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dobby,

I've only viewed it from the road so if those above say the gondala access bit is tricky red go with that.
I'd assumed from the valley blurb it was a good route.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 28-02-20 0:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
I'm there in 2 weeks. going to try and ski Zell, Salbaach and Kaprun in 3 days with a car. I'll let you know how it goes. We're staying in Zell. My other half is a beginner skier, covers teh ground slowly and prefers blues. Be interesting to see how much we cover.

The Maiskogel hill in Kaprun should be perfect for her , and a few nice cafes / restaurants on that hill
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Went over to Zell from Saalbach last week. The Zell area is bigger and better than I envisaged, but the lift system is antiquated, compared with Saalbach. Didn’t ski all the way down to Zell, having been advised that the lower runs were less pleasant than higher up.
As mentioned above, the run from the Schmittenhohe down to the mid-station of the Zell am See Xpress can be challenging but is easily avoided by taking the gondola all the way down to Viehhofen. The ski bus between Viehhofen and the Schönleitenbahn (which takes you up into the Saalbach system) runs every 10 minutes, and it’s an 8 minute journey.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy