Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine bindings for touring boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend some reasonable bindings good for a touring boot (Dynafit Mercury)?

I'm toying with the idea of buying some cheap twin tips as my eldest is now banging on about going in the snow park more.
I have very awkward feet and don't want to buy any new boots as my Dynafits are now perfect after being worked on.

I'm pretty sure that you have to be a bit careful with touring boots in "normal" bindings, don't you have to be able to adjust the toe height?
Anyways any advice would be good so I can lurk on eBay and see if something suitable comes up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, you need a binding with a height adjustable toe/AFD and a sliding AFD designed to accept a full touring sole. They are:

Salomon Warden 13 MNC
Salomon Warden 13 MNC Demo
Salomon Warden 11 MNC
Salomon Warden 11 MNC Demo
Tyrolia Attack2 14 AT
Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo
Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT Demo
Marker Squire 11 ID
Marker Griffon 13 ID
Marker Jester 16 ID

You might need to do a bit of toe sole boot grinding with the Markers as some boot soles are on the thicker side so are too tight even when the AFD is at its lowes. My preference/recommendation is the Wardens.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the speedy reply, does the NR mean anything significant as there is a cheap set on eBay:

SALOMON NR WARDEN MNC 11 Ski Bindings 90 mm brake Demo plate 262-382 Black&White
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ish303, N or NR doesn't mean anything but don't buy that set as despite what the title says they're the non MNC (multi norm certified) version and won't adjust high enough for a full touring sole. The version you require have MNC in big letters in front of the sliding AFD like this:

The non MNC version has a non sliding white teflon AFD and whilst it still has the slight trapezoidal shaped recess in front of the AFD it doesn't contain the MNC lettering like this (and just like the ones in your ebay ad):

Both of these pics are of the non demo version of the Warden but the MNC features are the same on the Demo version.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out the Whitedot One twin tips with frame type touring bindings on the for sale forum
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

@ish303, N or NR doesn't mean anything but don't buy that set as despite what the title says they're the non MNC (multi norm certified) version and won't adjust high enough for a full touring sole.

Damn....
Anyone want some Wardens
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Check out the Whitedot One twin tips with frame type touring bindings on the for sale forum

Cheers, but trying to keep this real cheap!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ish303 wrote:
Quote:

@ish303, N or NR doesn't mean anything but don't buy that set as despite what the title says they're the non MNC (multi norm certified) version and won't adjust high enough for a full touring sole.

Damn....
Anyone want some Wardens

If you've bought them then send them back for a refund as they're not as advertised.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ish303, my other half is selling them, make an offer?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

If you've bought them then send them back for a refund as they're not as advertised.

Refund secured!

Quote:

@ish303, my other half is selling them, make an offer?

At 188cm I think 173cm skis will come up short Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ish303, buy these: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151556

Good ski, right length, right bindings, right price.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[img] https://i.postimg.cc/SxYvZX15/DF85-D444-6689-430-A-BDC2-2-D0-C763-B6-A86.jpg
[/img]

Am I right in thinking that on Marker bindings the screw (on the left hand arrow) adjusts the toe height, and that the AFD being able to move are what I should be looking for?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ish303 wrote:
[img] https://i.postimg.cc/SxYvZX15/DF85-D444-6689-430-A-BDC2-2-D0-C763-B6-A86.jpg
[/img]

Am I right in thinking that on Marker bindings the screw (on the left hand arrow) adjusts the toe height, and that the AFD being able to move are what I should be looking for?

That's the old style Squire toe which, whilst it does have a height adjustable and sliding AFD, is NOT touring sole compatible. That toe has insufficient height adjustment range for a full touring sole (it is designed for fine tuning the AFD for alpine boots) and the top surface of the AFD is flat for alpine boots whereas the ID toe has a ramped top surface for WTR/GW/AT soles in addition to alpine.

As detailed in my list above, you need the ID version of the Marker bindings which came out a couple of seasons ago. These toes have a metal plate in the front of the base that says SOLE ID and the screw head to adjust the AFD height is recessed directly under the plate in the front of the toe as opposed to the rear of the AFD on the old model. Here's the one you want:

Note that the Marker might not adjust down sufficiently for your Mercury boot so a bit of sole grinding might be needed - hence my recommendation to get the Wardens.

I have the Warden 11 MNC, Warden 13 MNC, the Squire 11 ID and the Griffon 13 ID in stock at competitive prices which include mounting and UK warranty.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy