Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Being rescued

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst we were away last week, had a day in La Thuile, and stopped for a coffee by Roxys bar on run 7. Just as we arrived we saw a skier had fallen just off the side black piste markers in front of the bar. There were two pistuers there quickly to provide assistance, he must have been fairly badly hurt and within 5 minutes a skiddoo with 2 police turned up, plus one with a sledge, few minutes later a chopper landed with 3 medics plus pilot, who loaded him and his ski partner in, and took them off to hospital. It was all done without and shouting or dramatics. Left me feeling lucky I’ve never had a fall that needed assistance or rescue, incredibly impressed with the speed they all arrived , and knowing why I have decent insurance. We could see after everything had finished that it looked like he had clipped a sapling that was at the edge of the tree and piste line. I hope that they make a full and quick recovery.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was airlifted to hospital in Austria a few years ago, similarly calm and professional experience that you witnessed. Apparently they even sent a pistebasher to create a platform for the helicopter to land on, although I wasn’t too aware of what was going on at that point as the warm glow of morphine was beginning to kick in. The hospital’s helipad was on the roof of the x-ray suite, so the stretcher was placed on to a gurney and I was immediately wheeled in, and minutes later was having the first examination of the day. All extremely professional and very reassuring.

I’ve been on hand for a couple of serious injuries and the paramedics have been brilliant and calming.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heli landed today just below Varet lift at Les Arcs.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife was air lifted by helicopter having fallen on the Hintertux Glacier and ruptured an ACL and fractured two bones in her knee. It was all done quickly and efficiently and her insurance company were brilliant.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a very low key rescue and sledge off the piste to the very close medical centre where they ascertained I'd broken my pelvis. France. All very friendly, kind, professional, reassuring. Even funny, the banter between the two guys who came and took me on ambulance back to the medical centre, in a snowstorm, a few days laterfor subsequent check up. We are lucky to have such services at our disposal. None of it cost my insurance company much and it wasn't nearly as painful as I'd have imagined, either. All very manageable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
I was airlifted to hospital in Austria a few years ago, similarly calm and professional experience that you witnessed. Apparently they even sent a pistebasher to create a platform for the helicopter to land on, although I wasn’t too aware of what was going on at that point as the warm glow of morphine was beginning to kick in. The hospital’s helipad was on the roof of the x-ray suite, so the stretcher was placed on to a gurney and I was immediately wheeled in, and minutes later was having the first examination of the day. All extremely professional and very reassuring.

I’ve been on hand for a couple of serious injuries and the paramedics have been brilliant and calming.

Which hotel did you go to?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DanFuller wrote:
Which hotel did you go to?
I guess you mean hospital? Schwaz Hospital, flown there from Tux.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was helied to Sion hospital with mega broken leg.

I asked if they could put my head at the window so I could enjoy the view.

It remains my only "heli ski" experience Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’ve been belayed off a broken down lift in Les Arcs if that counts? Along with 6 others and our mountain bikes. It was the day France we’re playing in the Euro final against Portugal. We joked the lifties had foxtrot Oscared to watch the game. An hour later we started to believe it and then a bunch of guys with ropes and climbing gear came barrelling down the mountainside towards us. The guide we were with said it had never happened to him in 20 years of working in the mountains but they were very efficient at getting us all off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHsM7YiBUDe/?igshid=h9tfguh62drz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rungsp, haha...I was helicoptered to Sion hospital too. Badly broken arm. I do recall, through the fog of the morphine, on seeing the snowy mountains flash by, removing my oxygen mask and telling the doctor in the heli how people would normally have to pay good money for such a great view!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2 years ago, I was skiing down to the last lift in Champoluc, about 100 yards behind wife and daughter, came across a lady lying in the middle of piste. stopped and asked if ok as I do with people laying down. She said “I’ve torn my ACL*, and I’m in a lot of pain” !!!!!! She had just called her partner, who was miles ahead and he had called the emergency medics and had started walking back up the piste, I then spent the next 45 mins standing with her, at one point she had my foil blanket on and toward the end I had to give her my ski jacket too as she was shivering so much and starting to fall asleep! That’s how long it took for them to arrive. Then the poor woman was packed into a tight packed skid while she was screaming in pain from being strapped in, and the ski’d down while screaming. Was the most humbling and horrible thing I’ve ever done while skiing and I couldn’t believe this was a modern Rescue in a civilised ski resort.
Not wishing to be judgmental, but I was really disappointed with the response.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy