Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A long shot - tyre fitter in Switzerland needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Probably a long shot but need some help.

Picked up hire car from Europcar today. Drove from Geneva airport to Les Crosets (PdS). All went well apart from about a 2 miles away from our destination, our flat tyre indicator came on. Pulled over in a small lay-by to discover a completely flat front tyre. I think I must of hit a rock or something as there was a split in the side wall.
Luckily the car had a space spacer. So the quickest tyre change ever was carried out as it wasn’t the best place to stop, but couldn’t drive further on the rim without causing serious damage.

Rather than get rinsed by Europcar for a replacement when I hand the car back on Friday, I’d rather get it changed myself.
So does anyone know of either personally or can point me in the right direction of any decent tyre place/fitter between Champéry and Geneva who could replace a winter tyre on a Ford Focus Estate? Preferably the closer to Champéry the better.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loads of tyre fitters in CH. I use Nicolas pneus in Montreux but google it and you’ll find closer
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Fridge03, You could try the local Delticom branch, it will have a list of recommended fitters even if you don't end up buying the tyre online.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about going into the Tourist Office and asking if they can help? They often have local contacts and can 'phone up on your behalf. Have the full tyre spec' ready (that's the xxx/yy-ZZ-nn code on the sidewall, plus any other notations - might be worth taking a few photo's of the various sidewall notations, then they can just forward them so they get exactly the same brand and spec'). You may even find someone who will collect/return the wheel and then fit it. However, be prepared that exactly the same brand may not be in stock (winter tyres are usually made in the autumn for stocking-up ahead of the season): by now stocks are dwindling and you may have to take what you can get.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will probably find they demand to fit two tyres - exactly the same on the one axle. When I split the sidewall of a Europcar tyre I was impressed that the charge was a very reasonable one, and they included the invoice from the tyre place. The cost was covered by my annual car hire insurance excess policy (less my excess). If you paid their excess it should cover the cost of tyres, too. Worth checking before you shell out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some sound advice there. Thanks all! Will give them a go!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, good point about the pair: you can't have (and the rental co. won't want) the tread difference between one side and the other to be much more than 1-2mm on a winter tyre. And if it was my personal vehicle, I'd not want two completely different brands on each side either. So the odds are you'll have to fork out for two tyres, one way or another. It's fair enough - the rental company has to consider their liability if a subsequent client has an accident and there are different brands fitted and/or a big difference in tread depth.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please do not change just one and put a different tyre on just one corner. This may endanger other users! Aquaplaning and braking/spinning properties of a different tyre on one corner is a risk. You saving small cost vs the risk for others is not worth it
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy