Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glisshop- anyone dealt with this website?? (URGENT)

Poster: A snowHead
I'm wanting to buy the volkl mantra on www.glisshop.co.uk because they have an extra 20% until tomorrow but they are advertised as demo. The advert doesn't mention anything about the condition of the skis. Has anyone bought the mantra from this website or know anything about the condition of them? I have tried ringing them but they are shut until tomorrow, when the discount expires!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i've not bought from them before but i know they are an official retailer for Picture clothing. so i guess this would point to them being reputable.

sorry if this isnt over helpful
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i bought some bindings from them a couple of years ago. good price and no problems with the purchase
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2135130http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2135130
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have had two pairs of new skis from glisshop. Great service (and fast), and if you buy with the extra money off it's really hard to beat. Mine were perfectly prepped and ready to ski.

Presumably if you want to play it safe, the demo skis sold without bindings will not have been used...? Otherwise they would have binding-specific drill holes which they'd have to declare? In addition, the skis won't be personalised so you could return them (at your cost)...then retrospectively have some bindings fitted from your local ski shop. You could even order the bindings from gliss as you'll likely have a money off voucher from your first purchase. Purely speculation on this though Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought skis with bindings and poles from them about this time last year. Excellent service, they rang and checked boot length, height and weight in order to fix the bindings and it was very quick delivery time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got 2 sets o skis, poles and all sorts off them over the last few months and they have been great. Customer service was fab and they use DPD as a courier who in my opinion are the best out there - you can constantly track your parcel and it arrived within 15mins of when they said it would (they send you a text message with a time) - so yes, go for it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another satisfied customer - excellent service. They were new skis, but I'd think you could 100% rely on what they told you about demo skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've dealt with Gliss in the past, and been quite happy.

Depending on how big and/or competent a skier you are, you may find the old Mantra a bit of a handful. It was quite stiff! The new one looks jolly interesting (softer flex, reverse camber), but I guess you'd have to wait about 9 months to get it as cheap (I see they have it now for £140 more).

Also: it probably isn't a demo item (as fxf already mentioned). Its quite pricey for an end-of-season sale, you get a choice of bindings, and they have a 'mounting bindings implies customisation so no refunds' clause. They're almost certainly shiny new.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bought a couple of times. Excellent.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It might be worth noting that they are based in France. Should you wish to return an item, postage may prove to be expensive....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I ordered some skis in their sale last Friday and they arrived today. Binding look all correctly set up, well at this stage I know the boots correctly fit into the bindings. They use DPD as the courier and so the package is easy to track with an hour delivery slot. Packaging in the box was good enough, although not as good as the packaging Edge and Wax use for their skis.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A had some skis off them about 18 months ago. A little disappointed as they turned out to be the rental rather than retail version of the ski. This wasn't noted on the site and shop wasn't overly sympathetic when I emailed them. However they did subsequently update the description on the site to properly identify the model, so I think it was a genuine mistake. I'd use them again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought skis and poles from them. I was happy with the service and speed of delivery. Good prices too!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bought bindings from them posted to Germany at the mum in law's delivered with no problems, on time, and bindings were in good (brand new ) condition.
ski holidays
I just received a ski helmet in the most mangled inner box. They simply said send it back.....to France! no time now before my ski holiday. Wouldn't use them again. maybe cheap but no good if poor service/delivery
ski holidays
I Bought skis from them with no issues 2 seasons back
ski holidays
Luckily this was marked as "URGENT" as it only took 5 years to resurrect the thread... Shocked
snow report
Yes, brilliant service and great discounts all arrived in perfect condition with one of the best carriers. They replaced the brake on a ski I had bought from them that I had trashed without question. They replaced a Vola waxing iron that failed on first use without question or needing to send it back. They did have a UK address for UK returns don't know if they still have it.
snow conditions
2 pairs of skis purchased on separate occasions - excellent prices and service
snow conditions
"volkl mantra" ......REALLY! Do people still buy those pieces of **i*??? Here we go....
snow conditions
Gilby wrote:
"volkl mantra" ......REALLY! Do people still buy those pieces of **i*??? Here we go....

Maybe they were cutting edge 6 years ago which is where this thread dates from.
snow report
Well spotted!.. thanks Ster! Happy
snow conditions
NJCSSV wrote:
I'm wanting to buy the volkl mantra on www.glisshop.co.uk because they have an extra 20% until tomorrow but they are advertised as demo. The advert doesn't mention anything about the condition of the skis. Has anyone bought the mantra from this website or know anything about the condition of them? I have tried ringing them but they are shut until tomorrow, when the discount expires!

I've bought my last set from them and it went well. According to my French friends, they are THE ski shop in France.
snow conditions
Epic bump there!
ski holidays
I bought something from them, can't remember what, but it arrived.

I did notice, though it sounds like a UK website, that it's actually French.
snow report
10/11 of the replies don't realise it was a post from 6 years ago.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops,

Quote:

10/11 of the replies don't realise it was a post from 6 years ago.

Show off Weegie
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gilby wrote:

Interesting comment. Got a pair from around that time and they are absolutely class.
snow report
grayscottage wrote:
I just received a ski helmet in the most mangled inner box. They simply said send it back.....to France! no time now before my ski holiday.

But you knew it was coming from France right? And you knew when you were going skiing? So how is this glisshop's problem?

grayscottage wrote:
Wouldn't use them again. maybe cheap but no good if poor service/delivery

I've used them a lot and service has always been good. Seems to be a customer problem here.
snow conditions
@Super Tennents, Mantras then were indeed class. Went through a dodgy period. Back to normal, at least the V-Werks version are, per a chum.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy