Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski towns

Poster: A snowHead
We've had 'Crap Ski Towns', many nominations, and reasons why.

What are the BEST ski towns, and why (this will probably be quite a useful thread for those planning trips).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silverton (Colorado).

Middle of nowhere. An old cowboy town. 2 brew pubs and a few restaurants. Cheap motels (or good hotels if that's your thing). And not forgetting a world class mountain on the doorstep! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rossland. Lovely historic Main Street. Awesome craft brewery, a few pubs, restaurants and hotels. 10min free shuttle to Red Mountain a great resort and less than 1hr to whitewater resort. Both are epic powder terrain resorts in BC, Canada
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
apart from whistler which is my home from home and defo marmite for some , aspen Colorado would get my vote , real town with shortest airport transfer ever and four great ski hills , great snow and don't believe all the bs about it being only for the rich and famous .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I also give my vote for Aspen as well, had a great time there a few years ago. Airport Transfer is good, loved the opportunity to check bags in on the kerb! But because of size and altitude, small planes.

For me, second best is Innsbruck. Actually a city! Fifteen minute transfer to city hotels, great selection of restaurants and bars at reasonable prices and free bus to most of the resorts. Great destination for a long weekend. Only downside is a lot closes down on Sunday as it’s Catholic. So you plan to be in the mountains on a Sunday where everything is open.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The one I've been to five times and will happily go again is Banff. This can be a bit controversial as some would consider it over-touristy. Bite me! I like it as hotels are half the price of Europe with better service and facilities, it's 2 hours from the airport by comfy transfer, I can wander the streets of an evening window shopping, there are occasionally moose in the streets (or elk?), the litter bins with the bear-proof handles are a novelty to me, it has a "normal" safeway (or whatever) supermarket where I buy cheap food for s/c breakfasts, and it gives access to damn good skiing and tuition at Lake Louise and Sunshine Village - get bored of one, switch to the other. Free mountain guiding too.

I've just got such good memories that anything that happens there is automatically viewed through rose-tinted specs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Innsbruck
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wanaka - they used to have a t-shirt that advertised the place as “A small drinking town, with a skiing habit”. Works for me.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My two are already nominated - Aspen and Wanaka. Aspen (or maybe Snowmass directly on the hill) is where I'd be going if Euromillions came up. Wanaka's the ideal southern hemisphere winter base for heliskiing. Must check my ticket....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Less for the skiing, though Kasprowy Wierch is no doubt fun in good snow and there's lots of easy skiing to be had on the various hills, but still definitely a great ski town is Zakopane.

Beautiful historic buildings, sleigh rides in the valley, skating, ski jumping to watch, the mountain culture is strong and fascinating...

Plus, Polish hospitality which is the best. Gorgeous food and fun apres. Grilled sausages on the hill. Vodka. Probably more vodka. Some crazy dancing to folk songs, probably alongside a chap with an impressive moustache.

All at very reasonable prices with a good standard of accommodation, perfect.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zermatt. Food, apres, real old town and old buildings, fantastic high peaks, and of course the Matterhorn.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Surely it has to be the one you are in today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not if it’s locked down with corona virus!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Orange200, hard to argue against Banff!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wengen
ski holidays
Is Banff close enough to a ski hill to be considered a "ski town" NehNeh

Rossland is a good choice. Winter carnival there is pretty special, and the ski hill is great.
snow conditions
1. Sapporo
2.Jackson hole
3.Chamonix
latest report
boarder2020 wrote:
Is Banff close enough to a ski hill to be considered a "ski town" NehNeh

Depends if Norquay is considered a ski hill! Very Happy
snow conditions
@Orange200,

Ride the North American chair. It's a ski hill!
ski holidays
@ElzP, The skiing isnt worth mentioning in Zakopane if youre not in to touring.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy