Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

There's a Moose, loose, aboot this hoose.

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if it has been posted before, but definitely going too fast.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=93srv_1582099471
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blimey! Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great video! I've seen plenty of Moose on ski slopes in Jackson Hole and a few in different parts of Canada. But there don't seem to be any in western Europe. I think Europeans killed most of the large wildlife hundreds of years ago.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well there’s a different take on someone speeding in the lift zone. Wouldn’t like to have been hit by that!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@altaski8, Cos they're called Elk over here. Plenty in Scandinavia.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rumour has it this is Are, Sweden
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've seen red (black) squirrels on the piste in a couple of resorts, saw 3 roe deer on the piste on Courmayeur, but they were TINY compared to the moose!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spotted a deer at the side of a trail in EMB last month.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
only ever seen a chamois and a marmot
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
leggyblonde wrote:
@altaski8, Cos they're called Elk over here. Plenty in Scandinavia.

I know there are Moose/Elk in Scandinavia. I was referring to the rest of "continental" Europe.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And somewhat confusingly North American Elk are distinct from Moose. Although they turn into Moose above a certain elevation wink . Elk also herd while Moose are more solitary.

An interesting etymologolical cul de sac https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I see it hit someone on the way down. Must have just lost its snowboard Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Apparently Jämtland, the Swedish county where Åre is, has the highest concentration of moose per square kilometre in the world, or so we were told last year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And i can confirm that is definately Åre.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You know all those little animal tracks you see from the chair, but never any wildlife to support them? Well I saw a fox in Austria the other week, first time I've ever seen anything wild on the piste in over 30 years skiing.
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, @thecramps, It does say that under the video :- Location : Are, Sweden Laughing
ski holidays
@skitow, That's how I worked it out Laughing
snow conditions
total disregard for the FIS mountain rules... What if he hit a kid who skied right out in front of him without looking uphill?
latest report
@Mr.Egg, he'd have been sliced and diced by the father, then roasted on social media.

Lucky escape.
latest report
@Frosty the Snowman, @skitow, I didn't see that Embarassed . I just recognised it, we have been several times. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I see now that you can scroll down, i didn't Laughing

I wonder where the moose got to after it cleared the fence though. There is just a steep 5 metre bank there, then the loop road from town and the bus stop and car park by the Cable car station, and immediately beyond that, the busy main road. If it was ok after jumping the fence it would have been a fluke from there if he'd gone up past the petrol station and up the hill to woods, and even then, he would be surrounded by busy pistes. I can only imagine he ended up dinner.
ski holidays
Poor thing looks pretty distressed.

Somebody or something has obvs disturbed it.
snow conditions
My guess is he was in the Östra ravin when the lifts opened and people started skiing down it and he's been (innocently) herded down the valley. The further down he got the steeper the sides and he would have had no way to go but down. Once out of the ravin he's in the busy area beside Fjällgården, there would have been people everywhere, no wonder he was so panicked. Poor thing.
snow report
homers double wrote:
Well I saw a fox in Austria the other week, first time I've ever seen anything wild on the piste in over 30 years skiing.

You need to get out more.
I‘ve seen a few wild cougars at Apres ski that have been very much on the prowl.
latest report
Whilst at a refugio a group of us saw two goats on the pistes in Arabba. Poor things got separated whilst confused by coming across all the humans on skis. I tried to get my ski mate to record it on his Stop Pro (in joke) but never saw if he got footage.
snow report
Years ago, I hit a chipmunk in Alta - it ran straight onto the piste in front of me. No chance of missing it.... Shocked

It was awful...I was flying and was convinced I had killed it by chopping it in half with my edges - only to see it cartwheel down the piste and run off. Phew!!

I narrowly avoided another one the next day - but thankfully have since had no repeats with any type of wildlife Smile
snow conditions
Pfft!
I know a snowHead who shagged a bear (allegedly).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy