Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez 29th February to 7th March all paid plus 6days ski lift.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I will drive to Alpe D'Huez on the 29th of February 2020 for a week's ski holiday. Due to unforeseen circumstances I am doing this trip alone, but would enjoy the company of a either s female ski mate, or a small company of up to 3 adults. Travel(Eurotunnel), accommodation for up to 4, is all prepaid and I don't ask money for it. I can also offer a ski pass for 6 days which has been also paid and is in my possession. In case a single person joins(preferably female) I can give it away free. If more than one to join I can sell in a friendly price. The accommodation and travel expenses will stay under me.
Not looking for anything more than a good ski-holiday company. Not looking to find a partner. Preferably average to advanced skiers.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-12-19 11:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have you tried match.com?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should I really answer to this? Merry Christmas.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Aris75,
I am interested in your offer. Please contact me on vlad_ian@aol.com to ask you a few more details
Regards,
Vladian
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You've got email.
Regards,
Aris
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for your feedback here, but for some unknown reason I did't receive your email Sad .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got it now. Cheers .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry guys,
Will have to close it now(hasn't been that long Very Happy Very Happy ) as it seems I am now full.
Should things change(as the ones supposingly coming are not very trustful Laughing Laughing ) I will re-open.
Many thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it did seem to good to be true... Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh it was... I promise. Got my Christmas spirit out these days but some people decided to behave at the very last moment Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very Happy dearly me.. free accommodation and ski pass?? Someone's got a very nice xmas presnt !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi. Keith here. Not sure from your post if your trip is all female. I'm Keith. 55. Newly retired teacher who can ski outside school holidays for the first time ever. All ski pals teachers. Wasn't sure I could ski this year due to knee trouble. Have recovered. Looking to fill a space on a trip. Not lookin for a freebe. Happy to pay fair share. If you are let down and need a late replacement. I'm available!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Keith,
Send me your mobile number. We are currently in 2 in the car. Half of the back seat will be dropped for ski equipment so there might be some extra space.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello! do you still have space? A change in circumstances for me too, I'll be going skiing alone, I would much rather skiing with other! I'm intermediate/advance.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ROVATI.ALESSANDRA@GMAIL.C wrote:
Hello! do you still have space? A change in circumstances for me too, I'll be going skiing alone, I would much rather skiing with other! I'm intermediate/advance.

You have an email,
Aris
snow conditions
Well. Just to give a quick update just because I seem to be a complex case after all. It seems I am going there on my own. This is not a problem at all for me, apart maybe from toll stations? I might need to buy a long stick or something to scan my card.
If someone, male or female is interested to join the trip I don't mind. I still have the second ski pass, which I can negotiate at a really low cost.
Details can be arranged, however just to let you know I am crossing the Eurotunnel early.
ski holidays
@Aris75, get a tag for the tolls, no need for big stick & you don't get held up queuing Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/
latest report
Thanks,
But with this is seems that I would have to keep paying also a yearly fee?
If there would be a one off option, sounds fantastic.
snow report
Actually I just noticed it is only 6 Euros per year. Anyone knows if you can get a speed ticket based on the amount of time it takes you between tolls?
ski holidays
I've had a tag for 10 years or so, not that I ever speed in any event rolling eyes rolling eyes never heard of anyone getting a ticket, but I guess if you were involved in an accident this could be retrieved and used against you... Puzzled
snow report
Having a tag won't stop you being done for speeding between tolls - they clock your numberplate anyway #bigbrotheriswatching
snow report
I guess the answer is that if you intend stopping for fuel between two tolls you can speed. Otherwise not.
latest report
@Aris75, been through tolls on my own loads. just get out and walk round to the window/card machine
snow conditions
I really need to think about it. If the weather is shitty you don't really want to do this repeatedly. Supposingly I would have to go through at least 6 tollls(in and out)?
snow report
My tag only costs if you use it - its from APRR
latest report
Thanks,
But it is all in French. Can't understand what the exact process is to get it.
ski holidays
I use https://www.bipandgo.com.

It's funny seeing the looks from other drivers as you get out your car at the toll booths. I did this for years with my UK Mini.
snow conditions
Alpinebear wrote:
I use https://www.bipandgo.com.

It's funny seeing the looks from other drivers as you get out your car at the toll booths. I did this for years with my UK Mini.

Sounds good!
I will go for it!
But how do you pay for the tolls with it?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Aris75, try this site as it has some pages in English:

https://www.atmb.com/en/our-offers/etp-subscription/light-vehicles

Select the options you want and it will take you through to a form to complete with your details (name, address etc). I think from there it takes you to the payment page.

I got an ATMB doofer a few years ago and went for the liber-t evasion subscription. If you went for the same thing, looks like it costs 5.90 euros including postage. When I use mine, the tolls are charged to my ATMB account. Plus, in each month I use the doofer, ATMB charges a fee of 1.90 euros. ATMB do not charge for months that I have not travelled nor do I pay an annual fee, which are the reasons for me choosing it. I have a UK credit card that is linked to the ATMB account so the following month, the whole thing is paid in full automatically with that credit card. I use the Halifax Clarity card as it doesn't charge extra for foreign transactions. Then I just pay off my credit card. Simples!
snow report
Fantastic!
Thanks
snow report
Hi Aris75, I may have read this wrong, so I'm just checking is there still space on your trip or not please and if so is it one or two spaces? If you can private message me at your earliest convenience please I'd appreciate it. Thanks
latest report
dachzoad wrote:
Hi Aris75, I may have read this wrong, so I'm just checking is there still space on your trip or not please and if so is it one or two spaces? If you can private message me at your earliest convenience please I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Hi,
Most likely yes. Please send me a pm with details about yourself and I will get back to you later tonight.
Thanks
snow report
Just to update that I am still driving solo to Alpe D'Huez. Sorted the issue with the tolls thanks to "snow name". ATMB tag should be delivered by early next week.
The offer is still on, and independently from this I would love to ski in company of anyone who will just happen to be there within the same days.
Any ideas on how to sell the second ski pass I have? I guess they would not take it back. Confused
snow conditions
If you bought the ski pass direct from skipass.alpedhuez.com send them a message explaining the circumstances of the refund request.
latest report
Ok. They will probably tell me to return it so maybe the best option is to just go at the ticket office on the 1st day?
If they say nothing to do I will just sell it for a price of a couple of beers... Very Happy
snow conditions
@Aris75, hi there just wondering if you still had availability on your ski trip.I am a 63 year old male advanced skier who is used to driving down to the alps.I live in the southwest near Exeter but can drive to meet you along the route.
Michael
snow report
@Aris75, hi there just wondering if you still had availability on your ski trip.I am a 63 year old male advanced skier who is used to driving down to the alps.I live in the southwest near Exeter but can drive to meet you along the route.
Michael
snow report
Hi Michael,
Yes. Please send me a pm with your mobile number and I will get in contact with you after work tonight if OK with you.
snow conditions
@Aris75, Michael Quinn 0797 9595147
snow conditions
@Aris75, I'm pretty sure the TO will advise you to contact SAV(service acres vente).

Here is the web site - http://forfaits.alpedhuez.com/Accueil/contactRequest.aspx?PO=8
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy