Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Boot Fitting Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Problem with both Zero Gs and Mach1 LVs: Clog digs into the transition between shin and instep, particularly where this big muscle/tendon runs along (m. tibialis anterior). Pain lasts a day or two after eash ski day, so this needs fixing. My insteps are not high, I am otherwise happy with instep buckle on first tooth in Mach1s and 2nd in teh Zeros. The mentioned tendon is really big on my feet. My legacy boots are tongue style, hence ne clog meterial there.

I suspect changib the shape of the overlapping parts of teh clog (the medial part would do) will interfere with the cuff overlap parts?

Is this a lost case or is there a proven solution?

if a) then I have some 27.5 Mach1s for sale almost new, can ship to austrian hotels no problem...

cheers!
image: https://ibb.co/0Bgd1rs
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The boots may be able to be stretched to increase the height – I’ve had this done, but my pressure points are in a slightly different place, so I don’t know for certain whether it would work for you. I suggest taking them (and your feet) to a boot fitter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@danbre2022, first port of call is your supplying bootfitter as that should be a straightforward tweak.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi Jon, can you elaborate how? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@danbre2022, if the AT tendon is prominent there are a few things to consider
1 really good support, its when the foot pronates that this pushes up
2 making sure there is good range of motion at the ankle joint
3 the boot isnt too big, if it is you will claw with your toes to stabilize the foot and this will pop the tendon out further

this area isnt the easiest place to modify, its not like adding an instep bump to the shell, its normally one of those places that when trying boos if someone says they feel pressure there i move onto a different shell immediately as i know it can be a problem area to fix
if very prominent then a 3 part shell is probably the best thing, your boot fitter MAY be able to open up the tongue of the liner in the current boot and crate a relief channel but that will depend if they know how to do that and have a sewing machine or a lot of patience to put it back together
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CEM thank you for chiming in and detailing the steps.

Footbed wise, support is about as good as could be. It makes a huge difference for me and I have 2 Sets that work really well. So that point is "sorted".
Ankle Rom isn't bad, I think I can get lat least three fingers under the pinky toe BOF in the 90-90-90 test.
Boot sitze, well I am in 27.5 shells with a 27cm foot. Fot AT, no way I could use the 26.5 shell in a Zero G without serious trouble.
My old boots were a nice in-between shell length at 306mm for a 27.5. They were also asymetric, the highest point of the plastic tongue wasn't centered but towards the inside. Good for me.
Relief channel, well, I am using intuitons in the Zero Gs and the tongue is pretty thin there anyway. Anything thicker exaggerates the issue, I have tried that.
Maybe the instep/transition shape is just bad for me in these specific Tecnica molds.

I am contemplating trying Dalbello Cabrio LV for these reasons, they come in a 308mm at 26.5 and they are 3 piece like what I have.

The thing is, I can ski the LV Tecnica with no punches, So anything mid volume is clearly too wide. I may have to look for a LV design with a higher Instep maybe?

Thanks again!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@danbre2022, it sounds like you need to go to a decent boot fitter. Did you get the boots fitted? If so, take them back to there. If not, if you let us know where you're based someone can hopefully recommend a good boot fitter local to you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sugarmoma666 wrote:
@danbre2022, it sounds like you need to go to a decent boot fitter. Did you get the boots fitted?.....

Doesn't sound like it. The internet can't fit boots Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dont't judge so fast. I am asking these questions because I understand most of the stuff and like to know what is going on, even when sitting at the bootfitter. I hear tons of crap from bootfitters and shop staff every week, too. None of the mentioned boots were bought online but in decent shops locally.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
they key issue is this, the way I read CEMs answer: I did not detect the pressure point in the shop(s). Modifying the shells in that area is anything between difficult and impossible, depending on fitter skill and what not. I am trying to weigh a) further efforts to fit them with uncertain outcome and zero resale value against b) selling at least the alpine boots at a discount now to get rid of the risk.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy