Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal cancelled ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our insurance *might* have covered them but we are not sure because they were outside a restuarant and not locked. For our next holiday I decided I'd take out the insurance, but having looked at the small print it turns out that it also might not have covered them being "misplaced" and one of the insurances I looked at had a 200E excess! So I am going back to our old method of splitting our skis into mismatched "pairs". I reckon that stops someone skiing off on them by mistake which is what happened this year. I have no idea how the guy didn't keep falling out the binding though cos when we retrieved the pair he had left behind they had to be adjusted to fit hubbies boots.

Quote:

The risk accession provided by INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SKI HIRE s.r.o. covers the current value of the item up to a maximum figure of:

EUR 450.00 for each young persons’ or adults’ item booked

Any loss of equipment(e.g. left behind at ski cabin or lost on mountain) is definitely excluded from the arrangement.

For our next holiday I am going with Skiset because hubby wants to try out their 3d scanner and as its out of season the price differential isn't huge - but like @Timc we saved nearly £100 on three sets of skis and 2 boots at New Year over any other option.

I tried booking direct and they wouldn't match the Alpin Resorts price which seems crazy as presumably they get less if we use a third party.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had an interesting discussion with Crystal yesterday. I spotted over the weekend my return flight from Chambéry to Stansted on 21st March has been pushed back 8 hours! Called to see if there’s any earlier alternatives from Stansted but the only one was with Jet2 but without ski carriage, which I declined.
The agent admitted that they had an issue this year as some of their fleet had been grounded as a result of the Boeing 737 max issues, ie having to do more with fewer planes. Possibly they are renting planes with different unsuitable configurations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have paid (even a deposit) you have a contract.
Unless there is something very specific in the T&C, then remind them of their legal obligations to honour the contract, or to provide you with an acceptable alternative.
Their issues lower down the supply chain do not give them the right to unilaterally break / modify the terms of your contract without your consent.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WindOfChange wrote:
If you have paid (even a deposit) you have a contract.
Unless there is something very specific in the T&C, then remind them of their legal obligations to honour the contract, or to provide you with an acceptable alternative.

Unfortunately T&C clearly say they can make changes for operational reasons. In this case Crystal said they believe it’s because the Boeing 737 max being grounded and TUI, they are having to get more out of what they’re have got left.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's in the T&C then you just have to suck it up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
True, but if it is the knock on effect from the 737 Max being grounded, TUI have known this for some time so earlier notification would have given more opportunity to switch flights.
Just sucking it up Madeye-Smiley At least they haven’t cancelled ski carriage - yet Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skimummk, I had a pair of split ski’s stolen a couple of years ago. No chance they were mistaken for a matched pair as completely different lengths, profiles and colour.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah. Now it makes sense 're TUI and changed planes. We flew out Titan and came back AlbaStar for our half term holiday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy