Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skibarn - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of buying skis form these guys?

http://www.skibarn.co.uk/

I've sent a few messages and had no contact. Also tried to call but the landline number doesn't work and the mobile umber isn't answered (also has an overseas ring tone).

Seem a bit dodge but be interested to hear if anyone has had any success with them.

thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 12-02-20 15:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a quick look and I think they look fine tbh. Small family owned company dealing in used skis in the main.

Their stuff is also on eBay so you would have a decent amount of protection if concerned. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ski-barn?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought an avalanche airbag from them a few years ago, brand new, really good price, would use again
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Page23, I used them a long time ago, and purchased 2 pairs from them via ebay.

Skis were very little used, but they were slightly obscure ski models.

The tuning/ servicing however was interesting, both pairs seemed to have been passed over a sander and so with no base edge angle at all, they were unskiable, so I had to put a base edge on them, which was fine for me, as I do all my own tuning, but maybe would not be for others.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the feedback everyone
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably a bit late on this, but I bought my brother some skis for Christmas via Ski Barn (off eBay) and they were all good - I didn't pay very much, so it was worth a go and I went for it based it on eBay reviews really.
Obviously used skis, but serviced fine etc. I noted they seemed to have a few locations; these ones came from Poland once the shipping/tracking details were sent over. But other eBay items seem to be listed as in Austria with the caveat that "Our items are stock in different warehouses in Europe." Possibly why we have had a different servicing experience than Zorrac did.
Anyway, he skied them for 6 days at the start of the month with no issues and they will get another run out in a few weeks.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought a pair from them 3 years ago with the intention of saving one years hire.
I think they were 2014 model, so 3yrs old and I paid £70. They were well enough serviced and OK.
In fact they are still going strong and got a fresh service in Alleghe on the PreBB and I'm thinking they'll be alright for another year as well now!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy