Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking 2021?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got back last Saturday night and desperate to get next half term booked. I do have the opportunity to go in April HT but decided to can that this year with all the germs going around and relatively poor snow, I know it's picking up but not the best base for a long season we also have young kids and all gets a bit complicated.

I can see the large TO's have sales open but for those who DIY what are your plans on the basis a lot of booking is not available until late April (apartments/tunnel/flights). I have put down a pre-booking deposit with the travel agent we used this year which should be confirmed in a few months. Alternatively I could've just waited until Odalys start 21 booking late April.

How do you usually book, sweat it out monitoring websites daily for openinng booking? Book through TO's? Do you have friends that loan you an apartment?

Interested to hear peoples experiences on how to secure the holiday you want.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rough plan of where I want to go, be in contact with any accomodation, query early discounted booking on offer. Book canceable car hire. Book Flights. Firm up everything afterwards. monitor car hire price & rebook/cancel if prices drop.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@James77, "relatively poor snow"

Que?

Had 30 or so cms today and precip forecast to last at least a week.

Germs? Schmerms.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@James77, I booked up my TO trip for March 2021 in November 2019 Smile

The DIY trips we leave until september time when the hotels are actively taking bookings
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@James77, "relatively poor snow"

Que?

Had 30 or so cms today and precip forecast to last at least a week.

+1

Above 1800m (which is where you'd want to be in April) the snow's been pretty good. Plus it's been dumping down and set to continue.

Obviously it's still a few weeks away but early April has the potential to be pretty good!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Like I said things are looking up but having 30cm doesn't mean the end of season will be good you need consistent snow and low temperature neither of which have been ideal this season. Snowed a lot in Flaine last week but we arrived in warm temperature and left in warm temperature and there was less snow when we left than arrived despite the snow mid week.

I'm not at all suggesting there won't be snow but this season is not the best.

Regardless that wasn't my question. I'm interested in how various people book Mr Egg sounds similar to my approach.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@James77, I start planning the trip as soon as I get back from the last one, which is generally April. I normally book accommodation through Airbnb or homeaway, and generally wait till early summer before I book to ensure the full selection is on there. Obviously if I see a complete bargain then I'd snap it up straight away.

Flights wait till September when easyJet release their flights. Everything else fails into place after that.

Re snow conditions - I understand what you're saying but just pointing out that it is a bit early to write off Easter.

Some years we've gone through the whole of March with no fresh snow and baking hot temps, but the base has been there so Easter was fine.

Other years there's no snow in Jan/Feb but it comes in March. Sometimes it comes early and sometimes it comes late, but was long as it comes before Easter then it's all good*. I know that doesn't help if you went in Feb, but we're talking about April.

(* and very rarely it doesn't come at all!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy