Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Universal waxes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been using Dominator Zoom lime universal wax for a while now and I have been very happy with it. However I came across the DataWax equivalent the other day. Has anyone compared the two? Any thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have to say I’ve always used DataWax, the other one is twice the price and I’m all for supporting British Brands. The DataWax universal wax lasts a long time and has loads of good reviews online.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It looks to be a low fluro wax so may have adhesion issues if you use Colltex Clariden skins. They make a non fluro back country version though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Datawax Universal works fine for me. I use their non-fluoro version on my touring skis and that works well too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Data wax would last myself 3 days then glide would subside so I would NEED too grab another waxed board or rewax .
I used a 1000w iron with the topsheet getting warm so penetration was good but only waxed/scraped once as time was a factor in resort with little workshop facilitys.
This was using the data wax on a large quiver over 69 days which were mostly powder days ..aprox 50 .
So the data wax was used religously in powder I also did a few of my boards for others to use

I read about Dom Zoom from Jons posts/piste office info etc ...soon as the Data wax supply runs out I will try the Dom Zoom as it "sounds like it will last longer" although is more costly .
Not sure what the cost difference is....... but over months I would probably just use both until I found out exactly how it benefitted when and where .

Over only a week or two per season then Id use Dom Zoom based on Jons info which I assume would be accurate.
He is probably the best person to ask when detail like this matters .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zoom is my go to wax, I put the wax on, let it cool a little then use the iron to remelt it so that it really penetrates the base, let it cool again then repeat a few times. I find that I can get a couple of weeks before I feel the need to wax again. It's worked fine for me from -20C to hot spring skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy