Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Life after Blizzard Brahmas

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm after the groups' collective wisdom.

After 20+ weeks, my beloved 16\17 Brahmas are a bit battered, so I'm considering reassigning them to rockhopper duty and adding to my quiver. I love the way they ski most of the time, but VERY occasionally I wish I had something that didn't need to be driven quite as hard all of the time. With that said, I do love that they're super stable at speed and absolutely rip when I want to push them. I used them 80% on piste unless I'm dabbling by the sides.

So my question is, do I replace them with the new Brahma or do I buy something else perhaps a little more playful? And if so, help me narrow down a selection.

A bit about me:
85-90KG depending on how much timber I'm carrying.
180CM tall
Lange RX120 boot (306mm)
180cm Brahma

Many Thanks

Rich
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RichClark, I just sold my beloved Blizzard Latigos in 184cms. My go to daily piste driver that were in effect a "slimmy" Brahma. This seasons Brahmas come in 2 width sizes and I was tempted with the 82 version which I reckon is the new version of the Latigo-style ski. However, I ended up buying something completely different, just for a complete change. I've gone for Whitedot One in 180cms. Am I mad? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enforcer 93? Similar style ski but in my experience a little easier to use and won't buck you around if you're tired or technique is slipping, as much as the Bonafides/Brahmas would (I own Bonafides and from what I've heard the Brahma's are ski much the same). Though I wouldn't describe the Enforcers as playful...

If playfulness is a big concern I'd get something full wood core without a metal layer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It may depend on how current Brahmas ski, compared to what you have.

"If" they have been made a little lighter and little more playful - they might just be perfect. It is almost certainly worth trying some to find out.

The input from Spyderjon, if he sees this, would also be helpful.

You should also try something on the more playful end of the spectrum (like some Scotts/Head/Atomic), to see if you miss the stability too much.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From memory the designer of those Brahmas moved to Volkl and designed the M5 Mantra & V-Werks - so those would be worth a demo too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thomas_ wrote:
Enforcer 93? Similar style ski but in my experience a little easier to use

+1

Silky smooth but not overly demanding.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve just swapped my Brahma 88’s for Rustler 9s. Softer and more playful and a little easier in pow as a bit wider. I loved the Brahmas but they do need to be driven and I find them very tricky on icy crust.

You don’t give an age in your stats so this may be irrelvant. Im mid 50s. As I get older I’m not sure I can drive harder. Loving the Rustlers. Still great on piste and a fab 1 quiver ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If I was looking for a Ski to be used 80% of the time On Piste - I'd be looking at something like Head Titans or Rossi Hero Elite Plus.

If still looking at 88 width - Then possibly Dynastar Legend X88 might fit what you're looking for.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 17-02-20 21:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oui4ski wrote:
From memory the designer of those Brahmas moved to Volkl and designed the M5 Mantra & V-Werks - so those would be worth a demo too.

It was the original Katana/Mantra/Kendo designed that move from Volkl to Blizzard and then did the Brahma/Bonafide/Cochise/Bodacious range and AFAIK is still with Blizzard.

Blizzard took a bit of weight out of the Brahma tip a few years ago and last season they shortened the radius by a couple of metres but it's essentially the same ski as it has always been - if it ain't broke why fix it! And they've also brought out the 82mm width as even more hard snow specific ski.

I skied the Brahma's for years (I had the original version with the awful topsheet) but swtiched last season to Whitedot Altum 94's for a more versatile/playful ride. The Blizzard Rustler 9 and Scott Scrapper 95's are also similar shouts in this respect.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, plenty for me to think about. I'll see if I can get some of those on test when I'm next out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Let us know what you do.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@spyderjon, so...……….. the Whitedot One? a playful alternative?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah wrote:
@spyderjon, so...……….. the Whitedot One? a playful alternative?

With it's full camber the One is not only great fun but it's a pretty powerful ski with great rebound etc, especially in the 180 length. You'll love it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Old Fartbag, will do. I'll look to test the new Brahma, Enforcer and the Rustler 9.

@spyderjon, I've got my eye on the Altum 114 for a new powder ski, when the time comes. Right now, I'm getting decent use out of the R.108's I bought from you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have tried several versions of the Brahma, and currently have the “new” Brahma. The new version is much easier to handle than the old one, and have softer tips = easier. Still stable as hell, and still stiff under foot. The new Brahma might be what you are looking for - i would not be on anything else;-)
ski holidays
@Tempus, I’m 44, still happy to go charging (most of the time)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy