Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One month same place

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

This is a real first world problem situation. I am between jobs and got the all of March off. The initial excitement got me looking into booking a place in Zermatt Switzerland for all moth and just ski/board every day.
Thinking about it I started to be concerned I may find it boring after a while. I could look to book shorted period and extend accordingly. but it means costing more money. again. not a huge problem. just trying to think logically

Has anyone had experience in doing a month-long trip in the same place? any input will be helpful here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why? We stay all winter, every winter in the same place. It's fine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would look at super ski card in Austria or go to Japan.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
telford_mike wrote:
Why? We stay all winter, every winter in the same place. It's fine.

Can you elaborate? it's only me. not we Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gnave, when you're not just staying in a resort for a week you really discover and appreciate the resort and what it has to offer........ weekly tourists just touch the surface especially if they're focussed on skiing and many runs/kms as fast as possible.

I've lived (for the season) in resorts with as little as 70/120km of pistes (depending on whose measurements you believe) skied 6/7 days a week and never got bored!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marcellus wrote:
@gnave, when you're not just staying in a resort for a week you really discover and appreciate the resort and what it has to offer........ weekly tourists just touch the surface especially if they're focussed on skiing and many runs/kms as fast as possible.

I've lived (for the season) in resorts with as little as 70/120km of pistes (depending on whose measurements you believe) skied 6/7 days a week and never got bored!

@marcellus

Super helpful comment. Make me feel a lot better with my choice Smile

Have a great week
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did 4 months in Chamonix and Mont Blanc area (Les Houches/St Gervais) - never bored. You have to push the off piste though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My experience, having just done four weeks in the Dolomites.
Weeks: place A as a duo; place B as a single; place C, + SHs; back to place A, +SHs.
My first time doing 4 weeks in a row.
I'd done several fortnights before, which were kind of manageable on a flight/transfer basis.
But I decided to drive this time - not fly - and the transformation worked for me, with much more flexibility.
Freedom to ski elsewhere/different base. Made several day trips (all skiing in this case), accompanied by others who wanted to make the ride and explore areas further away from base or in better conditions than base.
Freedom to choose different accommodation per week if you want to.
Very large suitcase on wheels. So no air travel packing/weight problems.
I intend doing it again!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whistler.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It depends on your personality type.

Some people get scared traveling, so head to one location and stay there.

Explorers have attention issues and like to roam.

If you are a roamer, you need a big ski area with at least 500km of trails and plenty of backcountry.

Try Courchevel or Meribel in the 3 Valleys.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We spend 2 months in St Anton (wish it were longer), and have been coming here for 18 years now. No, we don’t get bored. It is like coming home, and perhaps it is our second home. The couple we stay with have become close friends.

For us, it is pure joy coming back. For others, it would be stultifying to go to the same place each year. Whatever floats your boat. Everybody is different. That said, it helps that the Arlberg is such a big area.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from 3 weeks in the 4 Vallées, and in the summer we were there for close to 4 weeks. Key point is that you have a very different perspective to someone there for 7-10 days on their once-a-year trip: you don't have to ski/board every day, especially if the weather if really grotty. You don't have to ski Wednesday afternoon, when all the local school groups turn up (although perhaps less of an issue in Zermatt, given the distance from the Rhône Valley). How about a day trip somewhere else? How about trying some snowshoeing? Go for a swim in the local pool. Read a book. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon in the town. And so on.

Also, if you don't buy a period pass, and just buy by the day, or few days, it's surprising how this takes the pressure off having to go out (because otherwise you're losing money on the pass. Not spending CHF 70 (or whatever) on a day's pass is quite a saving, especially if the conditions are poor - money to spend on something else.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LaForet wrote:

Also, if you don't buy a period pass, and just buy by the day, or few days, it's surprising how this takes the pressure off having to go out (because otherwise you're losing money on the pass. Not spending CHF 70 (or whatever) on a day's pass is quite a saving, especially if the conditions are poor - money to spend on something else.

We buy season’s passes. That takes the pressure off for us. “Looking a bit sketchy out there, but feel like a ski? No problem, I will go out and if I don’t enjoy it, I will be back early.” “Should I risk buying a pass today? Snowed heavily last night and the lifts may not open until late. No problem.” Etc etc.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WASHOUT wrote:
Whistler.

whistler is great if you want to spend literally all your money.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy