Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term flight - Storm Dennis

Poster: A snowHead
Lots of Easyjet flights to GVA now cancelled for Saturday afternoon and evening.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RobinS where can you see the easyJet cancellations? I can only see the ba from Heathrow ones
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@klwood, it's on the Ezy App, last 3 from Gatwick and last 4 from Luton cancelled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @RobinS..

Guess I wasn't worrying for nothing, our Sunday morning flight has been cancelled.. Sad Managed to rebook into Lyon for Monday night arriving at 10:25pm so not all is lost but quick need to book new transfer and possibly hotel at Lyon as not sure we will have access to our apartment with a 3am arrival into Tignes, may only lose 1 to 1.5 days skiing so not all is lost at least we should still be going.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just heard my flight back is cancelled. Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just seen that our flight from LG to Milan Sunday 09:35 is cancelled. Awaiting contact from the TO Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our EasyJet flight from Bristol to Salzburg is also cancelled. EasyJet's website invites us to rebook or request a refund and they'll provide an overnight stay if required. But they only appear to fly to Salzburg on Saturdays, so is there a chance of it being rescheduled for Sunday or Monday?

Meanwhile, our tour operator, Sunweb, has emailed to say ignore EasyJet and wait to hear from them, but their phone lines suggest that they won't be back until Monday morning.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom as to whether we can expect some news tomorrow or should begin breaking the bad news to children and arranging a staycation instead?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bristol-GVA flights cancelled Saturday, my son managed to re-book for Monday but weather still looking doubtful even then...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our BRS-GVA flights on Sunday have been cancelled. EasyJet website/app for disrupted flights is down so we can't rebook online and we've been on hold to them for about 2hours...not looking good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent service from TO, phone call and rebooked on Sunday to Turin instead in the afternoon. Gonna be a late night but should still be all good for up and out Monday morning Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the heads up guys, found out Bristol-BCN was cancelled, managed to book (while the rebooking site was not working- I'll get the flight refunded instead) a flight Tuesday am- and then will hopefully will get at least 4 days skiing- better than nothing!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We monitor the GVApp, as we mainly pickup from Geneva. One of my afternoon cancellations has managed to get on an earlier flight. Turning into a logistical nightmare for transfers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forecast for London Gatwick doesn’t look particulary windy 24mph potentially gusting 49mph. A fresh breeze ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At MAN T1, very quiet in terminal, there’s a problem on the M56 jinc 7-6 is closed after being hit by a lorry so diverting through Altrincham which will add on journey times as the traffic builds
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sproggski, try flights to Vienba or Munich and take the train to your destination
ski holidays
@stanton, flights into Salzburg are currently fine. I think the issue is flights out of the UK.
snow conditions
Has anyone else noticed that these storms seem to have got worse since Brexit?
latest report
14:45 LGW - GVA now reading delayed to 15:08 but no more cancellations on BA London to Geneva flights at the moment.
ski holidays
Our flight from Salzburg to Bristol has been cancelled, along with others. We’ve managed to get seats on tomorrow’s Innsbruck flights but Easyjet don’t do this for you. You have to be quick.
latest report
Losing patience with Sunweb - calls disconnect after greeting message, silence on website, FaceBook and Twitter and no email from them as promised.

While we can try to travel independently, their last email (at 10am yesterday), suggested that all transfers and accommodation may also be cancelled, so we should wait for their updates (of which there have been none).

I assume that, only being an agent for Easyjet, they will not be able to offer any alternatives...
snow report
We got out fine BA LGW to Turin at 6.45am this morning. Not without a bit of worry but there were no issues. Plane seemed a bit more wobbly on takeoff but that might just be paranoia! We stayed in the Gatwick Hilton overnight so hadn't been outside to see if it was windy anyway..
snow conditions
@sproggski, oh dear very disappointed to read this Sad
snow conditions
sparklies wrote:
We got out fine BA LGW to Turin at 6.45am this morning. Not without a bit of worry but there were no issues. Plane seemed a bit more wobbly on takeoff but that might just be paranoia! We stayed in the Gatwick Hilton overnight so hadn't been outside to see if it was windy anyway..

No it definitely was a bit more wobbly that normal, even before we lifted!
ski holidays
X-posted with Sproggski - that's awful!! I hope you can get something sorted.
latest report
@sproggski, Try rebooking the Innsbruck flight tomorrow. We managed to rebook our flight home from Salzburg today to a flight from Innsbruck tomorrow.
ski holidays
The early forecasts for tomorrow are out. Looks like they are expecting the winds to ease from about 9am. So later would be better, whether they will cancel or delay will probably depend on aircraft utilisation, the charters may well be easier to delay.

The exception to the rule appears to be Glasgow where strong gusts are forecast until at least 1200.
ski holidays
We have slight change of plan, booked Eurostar to Paris, using points for hotel tonight near gare de Lyon then TGV to Bourg and finally taxi to Tignes, should arrive in resort for about the same time as original booked flights. Have 24hr (9pm) to cancel rebooked EasyJet flight so I’d train gets messed up still have back up flight on Monday. Oh the joy, but hopefully means we still get full weeks holiday.

We only live 5miles from Gatwick and not overly windy yet....
latest report
Not too windy yet near LBA we’re higher and about 15 miles north, no dramas here yet, maybe look at flights from there? Good luck folks....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
EMA to Salzburg now flying out of Donacaster. Mad because we actually live nearer to Donny!! Hey ho at least we go.....
snow report
Can still hear flights taking off from LGW at the moment-we’re about 2 miles south west of the runway. It’s definitely getting windier folks...
ski holidays
One thing I didn’t realise was that for car hire you can’t just turn up 2 days later on a rebooked flight during the period of your paid reservation and expect your car to still be hireable on the existing reservation! Luckily managed to cancel and rebook to an alternative reservation without losing cash, only downside being that it is a smaller car, but will get us there!
latest report
Were eventually were able to get flights; instead of BRS>GVA on Sunday we're now SOU>GVA on Tuesday (still returning the following Sunday). Six days on the slopes reduced now to just four Sad

I realise we are luckier than many to have been able to rebook; I hope the rest of you who are having problems can sort something out too.

I must also say that EasyJet have been utterly appalling. Website and app constantly crashed, on-line chat offline, no chance of getting through on the phone. All topped off with patronising 'keep trying!' advice on Twitter. It's taken most of yesterday evening and all of this morning to sort something out - I realise they can't control the weather, but their customer service and systems are a bad joke. Appalling.
I'll avoid flying them as much as possible from now on and wish them the worst.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, good luck.
snow report
Easyjet cancelled 234 UK flights, Ryanair operating as normal... Puzzled

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 15-02-20 14:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Sat in lgw departure lounge, gate for our flight has just opened.
latest report
Damned if you do damned if you dont....
snow conditions
@red 27, without spending hours looking at departure boards, that maybe cos FR don't operate from the busiest single runway in the World, so as flow rates are reduced cancellations are inevitable, same at LHR with BA.
ski holidays
Is the reason Ryanair seem to be cancelling less flights than EasyJet is because the operational limits of the 737 is wider than the A319/320 or because they are less concerned with safety?
snow report
The current Met Office warning for Storm Dennis implies Wales could be in for some interesting weather..... Madeye-Smiley

ski holidays
I"m with @chocks, I suspect a lot of the cancellations will be a result of and earlier flight being cancelled. Fortunately our flight out from lgw is it's starting point so not dependent on inbound landing.

On plane now, engines spooling up as we speak.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy