Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Set

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning on buying a new set of skis this summer for next season. However i have no idea what type/brand would be suited for me. I have been skiing all my life so i am very capapble, i am at a ski club and im in the slalom team so i am inclined to buy racing skis. I also like thrashing round the parks, if i buy racing skis they wont be well performing in the park but if i buy FS skis they wont go as well on the piste. So i need a go between. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated Razz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few Karma & Public Enemy (PE) threads on here, the question being: is that sufficient on-piste performance for you?

Welcome to the board.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ive been looking at the dynstar range, the troubles seem to have good reviews with FS and on piste, if i was to go for a piste only ski would the dynstar race range be a good choice, they come with look bindings as well
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So you want something that performs well on-piste as well as the park, It may be difficult to find something to fit the bill if you want strong off-piste performance. I hear the head mojo80 is pretty good on piste as is the dynastar troublemaker, you could get a cheap set of twin-tips for the park (K2 fujative, Volkl Dogen) and a set of slamon skis for a bit more. Public enemys werent great on piste in my opinion, solid but a bit heavy in turning. Scott p3 has a generous sidecut though I may be mistaken.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wouldn't the park ruin the bases for slalom anyway? It's one thing to buy park skis if you're only going to be pootling around elsewhere, but it sounds like your focus is on the slalom. If that's the case I would maybe look to pick up some decent slalom skis and then additionally a cheap pair (last season or even earlier) of twintips to play with in the park so you don't ruin your slalom skis. And as ever, the best advice (esp. on your main skis) is to try before you buy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bottles to the Ground, what skis are you racing on now?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ive been borrowing a pair of old Lines for the park from my friend and my instructor is sponsored so she lent me some K2s, however i know a few people in a ski team in france and they all race with dynstar, the red blue and white ones?, and lange boots and say they are fantastic.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bottles to the Ground, you won't be able to race too well if you're using your slalom skis in the park, razor sharp edges required most of the year in slalom stadiums. As for racing, you've a whole host of choices, you really need to try them out to see what suits you best. Plus most snow racers will do at least two disciplines, so one set is rarely enough....

Bit more info would help, where you ski/will be racing, age, racing experience etc?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy