Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal TUI - check your online check-in

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just found out that (as last year) Crystal (flying with TUI) have got a glitch in their online check in systems again.
The invoice and front page of the online check in process might show that you've paid for 1, 2 or however many ski and/or board carriages (Crystal differentiate during booking, though both still same price and same allowance of 15kg), but when it comes through on the 'ticket' it shows just your 20kg main hold bag allowance, and when it comes out on the pre-printed boarding pass it shows only 20kg or maybe 35kg if you've paid for ski carriage separately.
Supposedly it's mainly a problem with "board" carriage bookings, not "ski" ones. Might also be an issue if you've booked a 'bundle' offer of discounted combined carriage and lift pass.
Apparently they are well aware of this, and the advice is to carry a copy of the invoice to prove at check in desk what you've paid for. (Obviously bag drop auto check ins won't be useable.) They can't change it if you phone in (or maybe they can if they change board to ski in some cases?).
Anyhows, if you're online checking in with Crystal/TUI and have booked board/ski carriage, just check the boarding passes and take proof accordingly if required.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had this. I called up and they amended the boarding passes. They had to change the board carriage to ski carriage. We then used the bag drop with no issues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just checked and my boarding pass just shows 35kg allowance (which I guess is 20kg standard + 15kg ski carriage). Wasn't sure whether this was normal - sounds as though there be something on the boarding pass specifically saying "skis" or similar? It was part of a lift pass + ski carriage deal.....

sugarmoma666, was it Crystal or TUI you spoke to? I tried to call the ski flight phone number on the check-in web page yesterday about something else and just got the number unobtainable tone. Having read this I will try to call tomorrow about the ski carriage!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 35kg sounds right. We had one ski carriage and one board carriage. When I checked in online, my boarding pass with skis showed 35kg. The person's with board carriage showed 20kg. If it shows 35kg I wouldn't worry.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great, thanks for confirming. I can relax a bit now (and cross fingers that storm Dennis doesn't cause too much disruption this weekend!) Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It does seem to be a board specific issue, so getting them to change it to ski carriage is the answer.
God knows why... Puzzled Maybe Crystal should only offer "ski/board" or "equipment" carriage, not separate "board" and "ski" - obviously the airline owned by the same group can't cope with 2 different types of things.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy