Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm not sure I actually enjoy skiing!

Poster: A snowHead
@zikomo, please don't turn another thread into an extended lesson on people's posting style and behaviour, it is exceptionally tedious for those who aren't actually involved. Maybe use the private messaging facility if you wish to take your grievances further?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hurtle, I have said my piece and don't intend to say any more. That said I don't appreciate the insinuation. And also it seems a bit ironic that you are advising me on how/what to post whilst admonishing me for giving lessons on other people's posting style and behaviour!

Anyway. Enough said.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

it is exceptionally tedious for those who aren't actually involved

not to mention those who are.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zikomo,
Quote:

it seems a bit ironic that you are advising me on how/what to post whilst admonishing me

Yes, I did think about that, but unfortunately no polite, non-ad hominem alternative came to mind.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
If you have to ask, it's time to pack in

My opinion exactly.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
@zikomo,
Quote:

it seems a bit ironic that you are advising me on how/what to post whilst admonishing me

Yes, I did think about that, but unfortunately no polite, non-ad hominem alternative came to mind.

I think you are confusing me with a certain HT!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Quote:

it is exceptionally tedious for those who aren't actually involved

not to mention those who are.

Oh dear.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting to read all comments. I am mother of 3 son’s in their early 20s. All 5 of us are sporty but I am the only one with fear. Just returned to skiing this week after crash in &$@ snow NZ which ruptured ACL, tore medial meniscus and #shoulder. Was strong intermediate doing the shorter, easier black runs. All repaired and skiing well in Canada with brace 18 months later. No twinges.

My hb is super fit and has to be at first lift... I am 56 and not lean anymore. I always get private lessons and then ski where and when I want usually alone. We have skied less than 10 times and at 56 post only ever injury, my previous desire to keep improving has waned.

Now that I know I can still ski, I’m not sure if I want to. The truth is I’m not really enjoying it. Weighing up being part of the family thing (much better in Japan where it is not just skiing and pub food, get same instructor) with doing something else with holidays. It’s $$$ travelling from Australia. In short, I think personal goals and reasons for skiing change. No easy answers. But you are not alone in your dilemma.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting to read all comments. I am mother of 3 son’s in their early 20s. All 5 of us are sporty but I am the only one with fear. Just returned to skiing this week after crash in &$@ snow NZ which ruptured ACL, tore medial meniscus and #shoulder. Was strong intermediate doing the shorter, easier black runs. All repaired and skiing well in Canada with brace 18 months later. No twinges.

My hb is super fit and has to be at first lift... I am 56 and not lean anymore. I always get private lessons and then ski where and when I want usually alone. We have skied less than 10 times and at 56 post only ever injury, my previous desire to keep improving has waned.

Now that I know I can still ski, I’m not sure if I want to. The truth is I’m not really enjoying it. Weighing up being part of the family thing (much better in Japan where it is not just skiing and pub food, get same instructor) with doing something else with holidays. It’s $$$ travelling from Australia. In short, I think personal goals and reasons for skiing change. No easy answers. But you are not alone in your dilemma.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to Snowheads, @Ordinary snowHead . There's plenty to life, outside skiing and I can see no point at all in skiing if you don't enjoy it!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair comment
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I felt like that last monday in Soll when it was really warm and the pistes were like porridge Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Retired skiers typically go langlaufing, hiking, or snowshoeing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I almost hung up my skis after a trip to Lech. Normally, I ski at a place 16 minutes from my house. The trip to Lech was close to a disaster and the hassle factor pretty much tipped me over the edge into giving up the sport. Only the fact that after a few weeks at home they had air-light powder on closing day convinced me to lay out the bucks for a season pass the next season. Then a series of health issues combined to convince me to lose weight. What a difference that has made. I'm 72 and back in the game. (If only our winter was as ready as I am!)
latest report
Personally, I adore skiing and intend to do it until I die … so I come at this from that perspective. I love every aspect and am lucky enough to be able to enjoy high intensity trips with friends, off piste with guides and social skiing with family and friends. My children, who’ve skied since they were small, are different. My daughter has the same passion for it as me and we now go and take lessons and guides together and are always trying to improve. My son is a good skier who can ski anything but he has no interest in improving his technique and his main enjoyment is the social and family aspect. My partner is somewhere in the middle; much more cautious than the rest of us as she’s less experienced but she also wants to improve … but at her own pace.

As none of us at Snowheads (well, maybe there are some pros here) are getting paid to go I think, ultimately, it’s a cost/reward thing. I disagree with the statement that if you’re not enjoying it at some point that this is the end. I do think, however, that if you’re not enjoying it most of the time and that the highs are not sufficient to offset the lows then it may be time to reconsider. I mention that purely because I also enjoy motorcycle track days and racing. I’ve never not felt scared on the grid … but the adrenaline highs of the race are so worth that feeling of trepidation … for me.

Anyway, hope everyone finds activities that they do really enjoy … in the way, and for the reasons, that make sense for them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy