Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Åre to close, Riksgränsen open for Easter (Covid-19)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skistar just announced that they will close their Swedish resorts on 6th April (Åre, Sälen, Vemdalen). This comes from advice from the Swedish Public Health Authority. The Norwegian resorts were already closed obviously.

Previously there was just a ‘recommendation’ to people in Sweden not to travel.

Not sure about other Swedish resorts, but I expect at least the ones in that region will follow suit (Idrefjäll, Funäsfjällen etc).

Perhaps the lapland resorts will remain open.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 2-04-20 21:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Themasterpiece, not sure how many people would have travelled anyway? Around here, the general chatter seems to be that people are staying put - friends of ours who'd booked to go to Sälen at Easter cancelled a week or so ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mgrolf, hard to say but I guess still quite a few would have gone judging that the shops, bars and restaurants in Stockholm are still moderately busy. I’m cautiously supporting the Swedish approach, but it was the right move to force closure of the resorts to prevent Jämtland, Dalarna etc getting overwhelmed (cases are already quite high in Jämtland).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Down south people were doing a good job of distancing but this last week end it seemed to get busier again. My local Swedish friends seem ok with the way the government is handling the pandemic, but those that have moved to Sweden are less happy. We are expecting some more stringent measure to be put in place soon but i think that has always been part of the plan.

We cancelled all out trips north a few weeks ago.

We followed the Swedish recommendation of no unnecessary travel as did all the people we know who ski in Sweden.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Swedish and Norwegian friends. Swedes think of Norwegians as their mad little brothers.

Currently they’re baffled why their mad little brothers have shut everything down while they’ll carrying on semi normally. I think the term from them was - if they are doing that, why aren’t we?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More resorts closing eg Idre, Hemavan. Seems Funäsfjällen is still open, and I guess Riksgränsen won’t close. Of course ski-touring is open to all as there are no formal travel restrictions, only recommendations (but most are following those).

@yuppie, I think you hit the nail on the head saying those that have moved to Sweden are less happy with the approach. Unfortunately mostly based only on what they see other countries doing and not facts. I think Sweden has the right approach for Sweden. If cases start to increase, I’m sure we’ll see more restrictions, first on Stockholm.

Denmark have said they will probably relax the restrictions after Easter, and I would guess Norway will follow suit soon after.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few people have said Riksgränsen is mostly full of Norwegians at present. Especially after Narvik closed down.

A Swede once said to me that people from other countries see rules as being able to be broken, whilst Swedes see rules as being there to protect people. The longer I live here I'm not sure how true this is, but i think it is fair to say that Swedes generally trust their government and that most of them will follow the recommendations that they put out.

Here in Lund most people seem to be following the instructions. There are exceptions, but generally our elderly neighbours are self isolating and people are not getting close to each other. Whilst this is happening the Hospital has built 2 large emergency tents and extended the ICU ward. Lund University has been producing hand sanitiser for a month now whilst the Engineering Department has been making protective masks and clothing for nearly the same time. It helps that the Uni and Hospital are right next to each other.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sweden's death rate per-head from the China death plague is currently 3 times higher than Norway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Nordic countries responses have been different and will be studied and compared over the coming years.

https://www.thelocal.com/20200331/the-nordic-divide-is-denmark-norway-sweden-right-or-wrong-on-coronavirus
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Riksgränsen have announced they will stay open for the season, but only for existing bookings. No new bookings.

Modified the thread title as it may be interesting in years to come when people talk about the year all ski resorts in Europe closed early (nearly all).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy