Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Johann in Tirol - Buses and Trains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'll be in St Johann in Tirol next week. Our plan is to travel around and visit SkiWelt, Fieberbrunn (for Saalbach), Kitzbuhel, as well as the local pistes. I'm struggling to find bus and train routes. I think I've found one for St Johann to Kitzbuhel. From there I think I can get another bus to link to Westendorf in SkiWelt but not sure about it. If there are any route maps that would help.

Any expert advice?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some useful info here: https://www.kitzbueheler-alpen.com/en/pillerseetal/bus-time-tables-regiobus.html

Kitzbuhel skibus timetables are here: https://www.kitzski.at/en/skiarea-tyrol/info/bus-timetables.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@starkraving, There is a train line that runs through many of the resorts, this used to be covered with the super ski pass not sure if it still is. However not so many of the stations are usefully situated. In St Johann the station is next to the main lifts, Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm is the valley station for the Hahnenkamm lift so they are both ideal. Kitzbühel Bahnhof is not far from the Kitzbüheler Horn lift. However not so good for SkiWelt, neither Brixen or Westendorf are actually in the village centres, a fair plod to the lifts not practical in ski boots. Hopfgarten Berglift is near the main lift but still a little way. Fieberbrunn station is in the village whereas the lifts are a good way out of the village, I think there is a shuttle bus but you would need to check (I also am not sure if the train from St Johann to Fieberbrunn is covered in the lift ticket).

There are postbuses up and down the Brixental again used to be included in the ski pass but not sure now but are ideal for SkiWelt at Brixen, I guess they run from the main Kitzbühel Bahnhof. There used to be buses from St Johann to the lifts at Fieberbrunn but I believe no more.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Westendorf station is way out of westendorf and may/was not on skibus route. Hopfgarten is an uphill walk from train station. You are probably best to get train to kirchberg (used to be free if you had valid pass and during day but would need to check on arrival) walk c 300 yards to centre of village and get skibus to bottom of gondola that goes to ki west link to westendorf. As for brixen the train station is as above a way out but all fairly level. I suspect the skibus does not go to the station but does go along the main road about 200-300 yards from the station. I suspect from St Johann there might be a postbus link through to soll and ellmau but not free with skipass and not that frequent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much for your replies. Vert useful
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5 lived out there last season and travelled around by public transport to several local resorts. Might be worth dropping her a PM. There's some useful info in last year's St Johann thread: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3336342&highlight=#3336342
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VVT app
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en
Tells you the trains and connecting buses.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy