Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva/Ferney Voltaire supermarkets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Everything will be closed by the time I get to Nendaz.

It looks like there are a couple of big supermarkets just across the border from Geneva Airport - a leclerc and a grand frais, will going there to do a big shop be significantly cheaper? Any alternatives? I know there's the migros or migrolino in the airport train station but I'll need to get alcohol somewhere as well.

Which is better out of the two Ferney ones above?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There’s a booze shop next to Migros in station
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@vfr4,
I can't do links on my phone , but I asked the same question last year.
Do a search with my name and Geneva supermarkets and it will get you the thread.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar wrote:
@vfr4,
I can't do links on my phone , but I asked the same question last year.
Do a search with my name and Geneva supermarkets and it will get you the thread.

Chapeau doffed!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3386637&highlight=geneva#3386637

Link for those in future need Very Happy

Answer appears to be migros in the airport, with booze shop close by.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@vfr4, As you leave the French entrance to Geneva Airport turn left as opposed to the usual turn right entering Switzerland, turn first left at the roundabout and continue along that road for 1 to 2 km and you will come to a big hypermarket. This is also a good, cheep place to fill up with fuel when returning a hire car.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd turn right at that roundabout. Big supermarket etc - another right. So, left out of the airport slip road, then right at next two roundabouts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any chance of a Google maps link please?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vfr4 wrote:
....but I'll need to get alcohol somewhere as well

As this is the important part and I assume you’re flying in. Just get a few bottles at DF either ex-UK or coming into Geneva just to make sure you have something in hand. Ex-UK much cheaper of course but Geneva airport wasn't overly extortionate for the local Valais plonk.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes France is significantly cheaper for meat in particular and general foodstuffs - beer and alcohol is much the same price particularly if you're not fussy of the brand as there are always some beers on offer in Swiss supermarkets - try the large COOP in the Signy centre at the Nyon exit so not too much of a diversion on the way to Nendaz, or there is an Aldi at Vich (the next exit) for no-name brands

Also note that as you're driving back into Switzerland you will be subject to customs checks (if they stop you that is - they don't always but they could) and you can only bring 1kg of meat per person into the country, with similar restrictions on alcohol, milk, and a few other bits and pieces.

https://www.ezv.admin.ch/ezv/en/home/information-individuals/travel-and-purchases--allowances-and-duty-free-limit/importation-into-switzerland/duty-free-allowances--foodstuffs--alcohol-and-tobacco.html

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 7-02-20 11:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's a Carrefour in Ferney, just here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Carrefour/@46.2513211,6.1072266,15z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x478c6389fc95d58b:0x408ab2ae4c20f70!2sFerney-Voltaire,+France!3b1!8m2!3d46.257632!4d6.108669!3m4!1s0x478c647278a4a2ad:0x6fa7cbb1d60601b2!8m2!3d46.2541387!4d6.1198783

chemin De La Brunette Centre Commercial La Poterie, 01210 Ferney-Voltaire, France
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitters wrote:

Also note that as you're driving back into Switzerland you will be subject to customs checks (if they stop you that is - they don't always but they could) and you can only bring 1kg of meat per person into the country, with similar restrictions on alcohol, milk, and a few other bits and pieces.

This ^^^

False economy. Buy essentials in Migros and the next door booze shop. Note Coop and Migros in Nendaz same price as every other branch in CH.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy