Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended Lightweight Ladies Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone recommend a pair of lightweight ladies skis please? I am 5' 2" and ski only on piste. I am a competent skier who will tackle anything except icy blacks. I havel dodgy right knee so ski with a Mojo.
I currently have a pair of Salomon X Kart Ladies skis which are great to ski on. However, they are very heavy to carry compared with other skis and as a small person I would much prefer something much lighter to carry for when I have to walk with my skis. Thanks for any suggestions. Fiona
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head seems to be using technology that makes their skis lighter at the same level of performance than many competitors. Their ____-Joy series is what to look for (Absolute Joy, Super Joy etc).

Of course, the other big variable is what bindings are on the skis. I'm sure there are heavier and lighter bindings out there (aside from touring bindings, which of course are much lighter but almost certainly not what you're looking for).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a pair of Atomic Cloud 11s, great pair of on piste skis, & they are so light I can carry them easily even just under my arm.
Extra bonus of no “girly” graphics (a pet hate of mine) too Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Head Super Joys are very light. No bother to carry at all and I regularly carry them, wearing ski boots for quite a distance.
I also have one of those backpack type sling things if I want to make things even easier

Edit: they are 153cm - I'm 5ft 2 and a half, 55kg. .

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 3-02-20 16:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could buy refurbed, ex-rental Head Joy skis by way of test (see below), or test them in resort.

Here's an overview of the range: https://blog.skis.com/2019-head-joy-series-ski-review/

Ex rental HEAD ABSOLUT JOY 168 cm @ £79
https://ebay.us/qRtovS
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My Dynastar skis are light - but a fair few years old now. https://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-gear/955-skis/dynastar-active-pro
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@FionaG, there is nothing wrong with skiing the piste on touring gear.

In fact, Decathlon and other brands produce gear for exactly that purpose as it is becoming widely popular

https://stylealtitude.com/on-piste-ski-touring.html

You will be stunned by the sheer lightness of the kit.

Rent some gear in resort and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And my OH skis on piste 90% of the time with her various touring skis as she doesn't bother with any piste skis.

Yesterday I bumped into a Brit skier in his mid 70s who was having difficulty walking down some steps, and we were having a chat, turned out he'd had one knee replacement 15yrs ago and was probably going to need another one on his other knee.

His boots were just a handicap to him and he was amazed to see how easy it was for me to walk etc

And remember ex-rental stock come with even heavier bindings than normal!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@FionaG, don't know what type of ski you want (what waist/sidecut etc) or length, but I have been skiing 155 Rossi Hero Elite All Turns, with Look bindings, the last couple of years and find them a very useable and user friendly piste ski, whatever the conditions. I am 5 ft 5, just, and around 9.5 stone (and not majorly super fit or strong these days). 74 waist skis if I recall, radius around 11?
No Ti layer, so lightweight, and very nicely balanced, both for a woman to ski and to carry. (I have very irritable shoulder/arms as well as dodgy knees, and find these the best which I have yet acquired. I can actually carry them properly over my shoulder!)
They probably do other versions or named models now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151353

These !! A great deal for someone light
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My wife has a pair of Head Full Joy with Head SLR 9 on them, remarkably light for a piste ski.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs A has some Movement Feathers which she loves - only 1.0kg each!

You probably can't get these any more but they will have something comparable:

https://www.movementskis.com/skis/overview.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy