Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which is the best snow report site?

Poster: A snowHead
I've looked a various snow report sites over the years but have really found a reliable/accurate one. so i'm hoping someone will provide me a link to a good site!

thanks guys snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gazzaredcruiser, I've been doing the same over the years and have come to the conclusion that there is no answer to this question. As I understand it there are 3 super-computers around the world that do medium/long term forecasts and they all pump out slightly different outcomes depending on the modelling used. All the forecast apps including the ones on smartphones use one of these to predict snow, rain, wind etc.

This year I have found Bergfex to be extremely accurate, even a week out. I think it uses the ECM.
Other years though it's been more like a tourist office wishful thinking app, always predicting 5 days of snow followed by sunshine in advance of key ski holiday weeks only to never verify.

So you have to take them all with a pinch of salt and make your own mind up. A bit like price comparison websites.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yr.no
Also find the iski apps reliable
At the end of the day irs mountain weather. So unpredictable.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @Bodeswell, and i understand exaactly what you're saying. But even trying to find out an accurate report on what's actually fallen in resort is tricky! for example........On The Snow currently say it hasn't snowed in Kitzbuhel since 30th Jan when i know for a fact it's snowed for the last two days!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Webcams. Roofs in particular. Watch for a week after a snowfall, see how fast they clear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Orange200, yeah i do do that, just seems pants that you can't get an honest snow fall appraisal. Obviously forecasts are a crystal ball!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/snow_reports.php?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gazzaredcruiser,
For current snow conditions the Snowheads Snow Reports forum is the best/most honest I've come across. For weather forecast I tend to trust those on official resort websites, but only for today & tomorrow - I never trust mountain forecast more than 24 hours ahead unless there is a high pressure area stuck up above, leading to stable conditions (and often an extended snow drought).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Get everything I need to know right here on SH thanks to Noza mainly and others of course
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gazzaredcruiser, www.snoweye.com gives almost real-time footage of 5000 plus ski resorts globally.

what you see is what there is!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHeads.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks one and all
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I tend to use both snowforecast.com and j2ski.com in the lead up to a trip
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I tend to use the weather sites for the country that I'm in, on the basis that they have the base data, which everyone else just re-renders into their own graphics. So, for France that's MetéoFrance and Switzerland MeteoSwiss (yes, English spelling) and then you put the postcode of where you're staying in. Both have apps downloadable from the respective stores. The MeteoSwiss animated forecast I've found pretty reliable, and I think both apps let you turn on push notifications for a chosen postcode.
ski holidays
powder alerts on wepowder.com are fantastic. not resort by resort but gives the wide meteorological picture for the alps with accurate storm predictions.
snow conditions
In no particular order
Bergfex
SnowHeads
Webcams

Re Webcams, expanding on the post by @Orange200 above, find the lowest webcam in the area which covers a piste and check it regularly so you get familiar with what it says about conditions.

For instance this one for La Crusc/Santa Croce, Alta Badia (the bottom is at 1324m and the lowest point in the local area)

https://live.altabadia.org/cam007/foto/altabadia007_d01.jpg
snow report
@agw,
Quote:

In no particular order
Bergfex
SnowHeads
Webcams
+1
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy