Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has EspritSki had better days?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re generally DIY when it comes to ski trips but a new addition to the family a couple of years ago meant we needed childcare options so we stayed with Esprit in Belle Plagne for the first time last year. I know it’s supposed to be their flagship hotel (but has its own issues this season!) and we were really impressed. A few bits around the edges that were frustrating (food was hit and miss, hot tubs more like lukewarm tubs and the pool too cold for anyone to actually use - particularly the kids! First world problems...).

Currently staying in their Val D’Isere hotel and frankly it’s a bit shoddy. Kids food is poor (chips with both evening meals and no choice), afternoon cakes we actually thought had been made by the kids in nursery, and overall the place needs a bloody good clean! I could go on - lots of trivial things but all add up. In summary, it feels more like staying at UCPA than a £3k holiday for 2 adults and a toddler.

Any one else used them regularly and seen a decline in quality?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thread here with info https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3522805&highlight=esprit#3522805
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We did 3 consecutive trips to La Ros with Esprit. Chalet Amelia. 2014 , 15 and 16

Chalet was very tired the first year - shower leaked , bathroom cabinet door fell off. Small bedrooms, tiny bathrooms. Food was so so.

But - went back since great location , and kids care was excellent (which was important at the time).

The chalet was never improved at all - only got more tired (Esprit do not own any of their properties as far as I am aware).
They did fix the bathroom cabinet door though - by removing it completely for the second and third trips!

I think you have to expect the accommodation will be tired , and the food will be rubbish. But your kids will be happy.

We did another trip to the Le Savoie in Val D'sere with Ski Total - sister company to Esprit (which they say is a 5 star hotel - its not but it is way better than any of their others).

Our daughter went to high tea in the adjoining Ducs de Savoie - but it was horrid. She only went once.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, we’re in the Ducs de Savoie Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Thread here with info https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3522805&highlight=esprit#3522805

cheers - I saw that thread but it seemed specifically about the issues in Belle Plagne when I last looked - but may have gone off the original topic and widened to cover esprit in general. I’ll have a good read later.

sheffskibod wrote:

I think you have to expect the accommodation will be tired , and the food will be rubbish. But your kids will be happy.

That kinda sums it up tbh!! Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sheffskibod wrote:

It was no different 16 years ago in Tignes when we went with them.

Each to his own but, having tried it, the Esprit experience wasn't for us. We found that we preferred to just take a normal holiday and book our kids into ski school ourselves. Delivering the excited kids to school, collecting them afterward to hear about their day's adventures, and slipping in a few nursery runs with them at the beginning and end of the day was a huge part of the fun of the holiday.

And a side benefit: we got to stay somewhere decent.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dashed wrote:
Yep, we’re in the Ducs de Savoie Laughing

I stayed there a few years ago with Esprit so cannot offer any recent opinion. However, I believe it is one of their cheapest resort options that they do which should give you an idea not to expect too much. However, the location in town was great and you get access to some great skiing knowing your kids are happy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny Jones wrote:
Delivering the excited kids to school, collecting them afterward to hear about their day's adventures, and slipping in a few nursery runs with them at the beginning and end of the day was a huge part of the fun of the holiday.

Looking forward to those days! But jnr isn’t old enough for ski school yet. As soon as he is, we’ll be back to booking our flights / accom / ski school!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My mate booked a holiday last week with them for half-term in Tignes.

These threads aren't filling me with confidence they'll get their money's worth Confused
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've stayed at the Ducs de Savoie several times when our children were pre-schoolers so managed to take advantage of some good low season rates and their childcare really suited our lively two! We randomly stayed there on a very good last minute Christmas deal 2 years ago which cost just over 500 quid a head. It's a perfectly adequate 3 star hotel & the child care in decent resorts was the only reason we ever used Esprit, not the accommodation.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As others have mentioned the Ducs de Savoie is their cheapest hotel so there is a limit to as what you can expect. With Esprit you pay for the childcare generally not the quality hotel/ chalet etc. We've been a number of years and going this year again (hopefully the final one and the boys will be able to go out with us after) but while there have been issues with the hotels / chalets for us in various ways each year the childcare for us has been first class. When they were tiny the nursery was awesome and growing up in snow club the kids loved it so for us its still been worth us.

If you compare it to other similar offerings they are the cheaper end of the market i.e. mark Warner / Club med etc. (and then it becomes mega $$$)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you are thinking of doing a DIY holiday in Morzine and looking for childcare check out Altitude Nannies which I run. http://www.altitudenannies.co.uk
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Esprit no longer in Plan Peisey, their chalet complex taken over by Neilson this season. From what I understand they fell out with the owner over maintenance and repairs of the wear and tear. And apparently they had 12 staff walk out last year. All 3rd hand gossip though, so make of it what you will.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dashed, No.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Used Esprit years ago, my kids are now 23 and 25. They were great when they were privately owned. When they sold to Total, the year on year penny pinching became very noticeable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy