Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crap ski towns

Poster: A snowHead
ulmerhutte wrote:
Vail. Because...

Seriously is that a queue for the lifts or is it a crowd watching an event? If it genuinely is a queue that’s incredible.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

But Bourg is much closer to the skiing

Um...that's my point!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jirac18, there is a FB group called Elite Skiing. Have a look. Many more photos and comments. It is real.

Actually, there are also photos on that page on the freeway traffic. Similar situation.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Whistler. It rains all the ****ing time.

FIFY.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did anyone say Morzine?

I remember that it takes an hour and three lifts to get to the higher-altitude skiing areas (and the Portes du Soleil domain never quite convinced me as much as comparable-sized alternatives in France or elsewhere...)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is one disliking the resort or the town? I quite like Morzine town. Whenever I have been there it has been buzzing. The topic is ski towns
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned La Grave. A single antiquated lift, no pistes.

Awful place Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Verbier

One big roundabout, pretty much Heineken town( only one step better than US Bud).
Bars with plastic only ‘glasses’
Urghh.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chamonix
Not even a proper ski town. More visitors there in the summer than the winter.
And that scenery - far too distracting when you are trying to work on your technique
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@countryman, defo town. I can imagine a few thinking the skiing is ok in Verbier.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jirac18 wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
Vail. Because...

Seriously is that a queue for the lifts or is it a crowd watching an event? If it genuinely is a queue that’s incredible.

Yep that's a lift queue - its the only way back from Vails back bowls - average time there was 2hr wait from other reports.
Then folks have to get back down the front side of Vail to get off the mtn.

Pic nicked from TGR Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@bambionskiis,
Quote:

PeakyB wrote:
Orelle. Sun starved scrapyard with attack dogs.

Don’t bother applying for their Tourist Information vacancy will you

I'd just target the solarphobic keen recycler dog loving skiers. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bones wrote:
jirac18 wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
Vail. Because...

Yep that's a lift queue - its the only way back from Vails back bowls - average time there was 2hr wait from other reports.
Then folks have to get back down the front side of Vail to get off the mtn.

Pic nicked from TGR Toofy Grin

Holy moly that’s insane. Never going there!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Imagine paying that much for a day ticket then getting stuck in that
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That much is 219$ for a day ticket. It is insane! Never mind the line. No wonder I am flying to Europe to ski.
snow report
St.Anton. Full of would be skiers who seriously need lessons and should drink less.
snow report
erica2004 wrote:
St.Anton. Full of would be skiers who seriously need lessons and should drink less.

Pretty sure that describes every resort/ ski town in Europe and probably anywhere.
ski holidays
I watched the men's giant slalom from Japan yesterday. What a grim looking place Niigata Yuzawa Naeba is...

snow conditions
Claude B wrote:
Le Corbier in the Les Sybelles area. I skied down there from St Sorlin D'Arves where I was staying in 2006. It was a WTF moment (i hadn't been to Tignes at the time). To make things worse the only way out was on a horrific tow for which there was an enormous queue.

The tow on the ridge back to the other resorts is a nause - however the corridor in Le Corbier is great when its rubbish weather and its death star nick name lends for great nephew/niece ski kitsch gifts

Just be careful going to the night club after too much genepi
latest report
SBP wrote:
Claude B wrote:
Le Corbier in the Les Sybelles area. I skied down there from St Sorlin D'Arves where I was staying in 2006. It was a WTF moment (i hadn't been to Tignes at the time). To make things worse the only way out was on a horrific tow for which there was an enormous queue.

The tow on the ridge back to the other resorts is a nause - however the corridor in Le Corbier is great when its rubbish weather and its death star nick name lends for great nephew/niece ski kitsch gifts

Just be careful going to the night club after too much genepi
I went there on a school/college trip in the early eighties. I have very fond memories of it, even though it was ugly as sin. Ski in, ski out truly great views from out apartment in the tower block too. It's odd though, my memory must be failing I could have sworn that the slope ran down from left to right, in that picture it looks like the slope runs down to the right.I blame the beer.
latest report
"Horrid" seems so old fashioned, how about using "Crapulous"
This fantastic word is essentially the opposite of "fabulous" and means ‘to feel ill after eating or drinking too much Smile
snow conditions
I didn't like Crested Butte - but that was probably because I crossed the Atlantic; drove for hours from Denver; was 15 mins drive from the slopes; paid a fortune for a flappy lift pass ticket that attached to your zip and gave access to 15 lifts (some of which had no foot rest)......Just to find they had little snow (worse than Europe) and had no snow making to cover the mud patches and anything at all steep was shut, due to lack of snow.

I might have a less jaundiced view in a normal snow year....though I'd much rather have the traditional Alpine look, than the traditional Wild West Town look.

We did however stay in a lovely home, which belonged to neighbours of my Brother - and it was great caching up with him and his family.
latest report
rogg wrote:

truly great views from out apartment in the tower block too.

The best thing about tower blocks like that one is that when you look out of them you can't see them.
snow conditions
Golden B.C is sad and grey, charmless AF...The skiing is fantastic tho
latest report
I don't know if it qualifies as a crap ski town, but a couple of the peaks above Laax in Switzerland are Crap apparently... Toofy Grin

https://skimap.org/data/1012/2205/1494273350jpg_render.jpg
snow conditions
@luigi,

Very Happy Very Happy Brilliant!*

*Sorry about the positive response rolling eyes
snow report
philwig wrote:

Whistler.

Now Mr Trump has made America Great Again he needs to sort out his ski resorts.

Err... wrong country for Donald to sort! Toofy Grin
snow report
Dognaccia 2000, the village is a couple of depressed bungalows and the occasional "villa" owned by bored expats. The skiing there is very good though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bergmeister wrote:
philwig wrote:

Whistler.

Now Mr Trump has made America Great Again he needs to sort out his ski resorts.

Err... wrong country for Donald to sort! Toofy Grin

<shrug> You're selectively mis-quoting without indicating that you're doing it, completely missing the point of the joke.
Perhaps it will help if you try to move your lips as you read?
ski holidays
I rather like Brelin in Les Menswear, as we used to call it...

https://www.google.com/search?q=brelin+les+menuires&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB916GB916&sxsrf=ALeKk01z5yeRyoW-NfZ9fM79AvnsU-KoNQ:1605519775394&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjNk5Gf44btAhXDgVwKHbhhAVMQ_AUoAnoECDQQBA&biw=1366&bih=625

Ooops... positive text..!
snow report
Quote:

That's I think a lot of skiing areas that are known for party life.
Zurs on the other hand just looks terrible, but Lech I really liked. St. Anton I got annoyed just by going to a Spar...
latest report
Zermatt....

McDonalds wtf Shocked
snow conditions
Marilleva - I only learnt how to draw 90 degree angles in architecture school

snow conditions
Charlieehr wrote:
Golden B.C is sad and grey, charmless AF...The skiing is fantastic tho

Can pretty much put all of interior BC into this bucket bar Nelson. Revy, Fernie, Trail/Rossland, Vernon
ski holidays
Flaine, all of it.
Le Hameau being even more pointless.

Went once, ended up taking skis off and walking down the bottom of the run to avoid the rocks, there were so many.
Only decent snow run cover got closed for a mountain bike event.

Borovets, its poo-poo.
snow report
Quote:

Can pretty much put all of interior BC into this bucket bar Nelson. Revy, Fernie, Trail/Rossland, Vernon

To be fair that's most of the better ski areas. I do smile when people say they want to avoid Whistler/Banff so they can have a real Canadian town experience. Real doesn't necessarily mean good, there's a reason we don't tell tourists visiting UK "nah don't bother with London you want to go to reading for a real British city".

Kicking horse is my favourite interior resort, so all for golden staying a bit of a dump of everyone going elsewhere!
snow conditions
Bodeswell wrote:
In the spirit of the OP's checklist...Easily the worst resort I've ever been to has to go to St Anton. Rubbish pistes, drunks on the pavements and sliding around uncontrollably on the simplest of slopes, pretentious tools with more money than sense from all corners of the continent, 5 days ski rental that's pricier than a new pair of Stockli SL SX GTis, boy racers in formation tucks on narrow cat-tracks, ridiculously overpriced accommodation, meals that cost a second mortgage served by sour lemons with a frown.....and once in a blue moon there's some powder high up somewhere...apparently.

But "you can do the ring of something tour" they all say, "you can go to Lech, great pistes over there".....yes, well, then go to Lech you muppet. Avoid.

Wow, I spent a great week there, admittedly way back in Dec96, I know it has a rep for poshos but I got very much a budget last minute cheapo chalet deal with SkiVal. Terrain was challenging and expansive, tonnes of snow for December, scenery great, apres was really good, gluwein on the slopes etc, there were one or two bottlenecks for lifts but overall left a good impression, perhaps it's changed Puzzled
ski holidays
@boarder2020,
Reading keep trying but they aren't a city yet.
ski holidays
Marilleva is something else, lovely pistes and very cheap tho!

Any French ski factory, too many to list, the fact you can stay in them them for less than the price of a travel lodge tho means I will continue to use them.
ski holidays
blind_raven wrote:
Quote:

That's I think a lot of skiing areas that are known for party life.
Zurs on the other hand just looks terrible, but Lech I really liked. St. Anton I got annoyed just by going to a Spar...

I like the Spar shop in St Anton. It's got a good range of beer and has a car park for loading it in the car before returning to the UK. Sorry for this positivity on the thread.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy