Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to book for next weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm going to book a week skiing from 8/2 or 9/2. I usually go to France so would really like to go somewhere else - possibly Austria or Italy. We are intermediates and would like a big ski area. I've been considering Westendorf but I know its not good at the moment. The forecast suggests 60cm+ snowfall over the next week and lower temperatures. What do you think? Any suggestions welcome. I know if Lech, Ischgl etc but they're a bit expensive for me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’d go Italy. Monterosa looking good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sella Ronda, lovely people, big area.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, is it though? I've been keeping a loose eye on things and I don't think it got much in the last storm and isn't predicted to get much in the next?

@marodo2712, I don't think it's snowed in the dolomites in several weeks and last reports were talking of pistes beginning to degrade. Again not due to get hit in the next week.

I love skiing in Italy but I'm not sure it's been refreshed in the recent past.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@8611, webcams look good to me. OP sounds like off piste not necessary.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@starkraving, Serfaus or Saalbach in Austria would be good, both doing pretty well at the moment and due to get quite a lot of snow after a brief rather warm spell. Given short notice not sure how easy getting accommodation would be but both have plenty of skiing.

If you fancy skiing Lech area you could see what accommodation options are available in Warth which would be a cheaper base but links in to the same area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks I’ll take a look
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely better avoid France = school holidays.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For Austria have a look at the Zillertal resorts and Serfaus both have reasonably high skiing and will get a fair amount new snow next week. Places like SkiWelt/Kitzbühel, Saalbach Hinterglemm, Ski Amade etc will also be fine, there is a reasonable amount of new snow on the horizon. As noted finding accommodation at this late stage is likely to be the biggest issue.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@8611, webcams look good to me. OP sounds like off piste not necessary.

What's most annoying is I am fecking dying to ski monte rosa, and madonna, neither of which I've been to yet. But every time I have a window it's northern alps getting snow. I've really enjoyed skiing austria but literally last 5 trips have been there and I need to feed the soul with some italian wine and cuisine.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't really comment on Italy as I've only skied there once. As for Austria, Kitzbuhel, Saalbach and Mayrhofen would fit your bill. Extensive areas and not as expensive as Lech or Ischgl.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PM'd you. Let me know if it didn't arrive.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about somewhere in the Aosta valley - seems pretty good there at the moment.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@starkraving, I have to be honest... good luck on the accommodation search! You may have to just grab what is out there.
Most of Europe holiday throughout Feb, not just UK half-terms but all the others too!

We have only 3 nights available (09-12) during this time and then pretty much full, shame as we haven't had enough visits from snowHead 's this year Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wherever the best deal Crystal / Neilson / Alpine Elements etc can offer will take you.

Which will probably be Grandvalira in Andorra which I really enjoyed.

Couple of pinch points but a really big, varied area to explore. Preference would be to stay in Soldeu
snow report
Thanks. To be honest accommodation doesn’t look an issue wherever I’ve looked flights are not too bad either. I’ll spend a few hours checking the above out. Cheers for the comments.
snow conditions
Which snow/weather reports do you trust most? I’m using Ski Club of GB and Bergfex. One says 95cm of snow in next 6 days the other 5cm for the same resort.
ski holidays
We've been in Austria for a month. Using paid for version of Bergfx (as we did last year) - I'm impressed, it's been accurate to within the hour.
latest report
Tbh, we had fab snowfall on Thurs, Friday was lovely to ski... Then temps rose and it rained.... unless you are so desperate to ski that you'd do it even if it wasn't enjoyable, choose a place where there's other things to do if sliding downwards on a film of water over a sheet of ice isn't a pleasant way to spend your time.
snow conditions
Took the plunge and booked St Johann in Tyrol. Plenty of ski areas to access from there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy