Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for 12 Year old Beginner Son

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@crosbie, indeed! I shall be sure to add a pocket-sized folding stool to the kit list! Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stevomcd, if you find yourself without a folding stool in your back pack, you can get the student to sit upon your bended knee. Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I used to teach on dry slope, we actually kept a booster-seat handy for the inevitable can't-stand-up-on-heel-edge clients!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stevomcd, sounds terrible. Are these folk who can only stand up if they're facing the slope - to stand up on toe edge?

[I have spent some time on a dry slope - in many ways it's scarier than snow]

I have had to tell people that if they can't get up on their board from their bum, to roll over and get up from their knees.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A lot of people find it very hard to stand up on heel edge. As you generally teach heel edge first, there's no point getting them to stand up on their toe edge as they'll promptly fall over.

I help people up a LOT. They generally get the hang of it soon enough though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would recommend wrist guards, try to get gloves with integrates wrist guards if you can, they can be a pain to get on and off especially with kids. Also a helmet and possibly impact shorts. I wouldn't worry too much about a back protector as kids just bounce but a sprained wrist or a sore tail bone can really slow down progress snowboard protective gear
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy