Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gatwick Airport Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am driving to Tignes from 13 - 20 Dec for a family ski trip. I am considering going out a week early for a 'lads trip', where we would drive out on the 6th, and I would then drop them off at the airport to fly home on the 13th, and pick the family up and head back up to Tignes for a 2nd week. The lads would then pick up our car at Gatwick and drive home. Has anyone done this? What would be the logistics of them getting our car at Gatwick (they would have the spare key, but probably wouldn't have the car park ticket). Any thoughts? car would be parked at Gatwick for about 6-8 hours, I guess.
TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mike Winter, I think I'm being thick - but is this what you mean?

6th Dec - you and the lads drive to Tignes
13th Dec - you drop the lads at the Geneva to come home
13th Dec - the family drive to Gatwick and leave the family car
13th Dec - you pick up the family at Geneva
13th Dec - the lads pick up your family car

Pay for a day's parking in advance (not at a leave the key place), there will be ANPR to open the gate. As a fallback, get the family to photograph the car park ticket, what's app it to you and the lads then they can press the buzzer for assistance and show the ticket if necessary
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pay in advance, all online including booking confirmation so that can be shared.

I had an issue once with the parking I had booked, knew I had as got an email to say they had no record of me entering carpark on date I had booked. It then said the if I had parked (I had!) To let them know on exit via intercom. Glad they emailed as would have panicked other wise at the massive charge it was trying to charge me (we had booked short stay due to kids and skis). No issues on being let out of carpark when I explained. It all works off your license plate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mike Winter, seems over-complicated; why wouldn't they have the parking ticket? Just leave it in the car, and give the lads the spare key.

Or have a beat up old car like mine that nobody would steal, and leave the key behind the wheel arch.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx[/b], Thats it. Hadnt thought about ANPR!
@NickyJ[/b] Will do that, if the idea comes off!
@snowdave[/b], "Just leave it in the car, and give the lads the spare key" duh hadnt thought of that, thanks!
Mike
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Valet Parking at Gatwick is perfect for this.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just looked at the info on the Gatwick parking website. You can book in advance but you are a ticket on arrival. No reason not to leave the ticket in the car when the family park up in your car surely? (Inside the car behind the sun visor). So I can't see any problem with it at all..or am missing something?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was being dumb! I didnt think to leave the tix in the car!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't understand if you're dropping the lads off at GVA why not just give them the ticket then? Anyway ANPR parking tends to work without tickets these days.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Don't understand if you're dropping the lads off at GVA why not just give them the ticket then?"
The ticket would be with my wife, who wouldnt see the lads, as they would have already checked in for their flight back. Anyway, we can just leave the tix in the car like other people suggested (me being dumb didnt think of that!)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah sorry I was misreading.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To echo lots of views above, the gates will work off ANPR - the ticket is only in case your flight is delayed so much that you need to pay extra, but because you friends are picking the car up at a designated time there is no reason that they'll be late so the gates should open automatically.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy