Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wax injection versus thermal fit liners?

Poster: A snowHead
@Peter Stevens, oh dear. @Dave of the Marmottes just calls it as it is....truthful, not aggressive. His post at 9.43 on 3rd February sums it up most eloquently - you just don't like what he has to say. I expect he'll get over it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Peter Stevens, So just trolling then - no substantive answer to my suggestions on how you might adapt your style if you genuinely wish to particiapate in this forum?

What is tragic is your obsession with post counts- it's utterly irrelevant. A zero count poster can come here and instantly demonstrate credibility by what they post and the style in which they engage with other users - we were all newbies once. Even people who know literally nothing about skiing get good advice and a welcome if they are prepared to accept it. On the other hand you can barge in with trolling confrontational opinion, refuse to accept any contrary opinion despite your obvious lack of depth of experience or callouts of your bias and keep moaning. If someone as tolerant as rob@rar has pegged you as a troll then it's pretty clear what you are - unless you want to seize the opportunity and "be the change". The choice is yours.......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@Peter Stevens, So just trolling then...
Yup.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Stevens wrote:
I know a guy who went around the clock (past 99999), on another forum, and then he did something which p**ssed off the mods and they booted him out. Utterly tragic. The poor guy never really had a life and now he has none at all. Not many friends on FB either! What saved him from suicide was a membership of a nice cliquey community, just like you have here Smile

This is disgusting and should be reported, how dare Stanton visit other Internet forums.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes,
Quote:

If someone as tolerant as rob@rar has pegged you as a troll then it's pretty clear what you are

This, in spades.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Post counts on this page

I consider myself completely humbled. At say 10 mins per post, and spending 16hrs a day on the internet, the above total works out at 1246 days of typing.

Presumably you all know each other off-forum, so this group is gonna be so tight one could not slide a liner shoelace between you Smile

Standard forum stuff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Peter Stevens, ignoring the trolling element; yes we do know each other but that's because we ski... a lot .. so you might want to think about that as a reason why our views differ from yours.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Stevens wrote:

Standard forum stuff.

Are they mean to you too there?

How about a clean sheet where you engage honestly, don't persist in asserting the supremacy of your opinion over all else and drop the victim schtick? You might even make some real friends to ski with. Or don't as I I said the choice is yours......

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 4-02-20 14:58; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christ this place never changes hey.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Are they mean to you too there?"

On the contrary.

I am observing what is standard forum psychology. In the absence of modding to disallow personal attacks, this is a normal progression, on the internet.

And if you mod to disallow personal attacks, the traffic goes way down.

And if you suddenly tighten up mod policy on an existing forum, lots of people immediately leave and start a competing forum. Rings a bell? Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Stevens wrote:
Post counts on this page

I consider myself completely humbled. At say 10 mins per post, and spending 16hrs a day on the internet, the above total works out at 1246 days of typing.

Presumably you all know each other off-forum, so this group is gonna be so tight one could not slide a liner shoelace between you Smile

Standard forum stuff.
And your point is? (Most of my posts take me a few seconds. )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, after all that, I learnt that (a) reheating liners *is* worth doing, and (b) nobody posting has experience of the Sidas liner so can't compare it with the Zipfit one (which may be practically identical).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It isn't in any way identical except by being a liner. Just research zipfits and understand that zipfits obtain their fit through a viscous cork in high density oil filler, not foam. Foam breaks down over time, the zipfit filler doesn't.

Note: I've provided this answer in a spirit of helpfulness to help you, against my better judgement. Your choice as to what you want to be?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've now read lots of reviews of Zipfits and most are positive relative to the foam liners.

Digging out actual prices and comparing like for like (discounts etc) they are almost 2x the price so they should be better.

One persistent comment, however, is that they are cold. I find I get cold toes when the temp is below about -15C. A couple of weeks ago I was in -25C and used the heating pads (with the Sidas liners).
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
I now have Sidas thermal fit liners which were €200 (in resort) so not far off the Zipfit pricing. .

????? If £220 now = 2 * €200 I'm sure we'd all love to know what bureau de change you are using
latest report
On a very quick Google -
Sidas foam injectable PU Classic Comfort foam injectable liner on SnR website for £140, but presume that's ex fitting (which us usually at least £40).
£182 on Ski Bartlett (? + fitting), but out of stock.
Sidas thin Thermoform liners £130 at G&S online (again, ex fitting?)
Paid £225 for my Zipfits recently, including shop assessment, heating and fitting.

After years of messing about, pain, wasted money, reduced skiing time and arguably compromised technical ability with boots and liners for my skinny rear foot and legs, the only definition of "better" which I now have is if they darn well do the job!!! Tried all the others, and they didn't. Fingers crossed for the Zippies...

I get cold toes at -25c too... wink In anything.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 6-02-20 16:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Grizzler wrote:
I get cold toes at -25c too... wink In anything.

This must be why Glen Plake allegedly sticks the foam on the outside of his boots. wink

Zipfits do seem to cut the mustard, must try them next.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy