Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buying a ski pass online for Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Dear all,

I have attempted, without success, to purchase 7 x 5 day ski passes online for Kitzbuhel. Basically the system won't let me checkout without a voucher code or promotional code......I have neither.

So just before I give up has anyone ever purchased a ski pass online for Kitz?

It looks like I may need to register each person in my group for a key card that needs a photo uploaded. This is a major faff, i'm 56 for heavens sake, I may not have long enough left to complete the task Shocked

I wanted to avoid the faff on arrival on Sunday lunchtime in resort and get on the slopes but it's looking like it's beaten me Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seriously, it will take you two minutes in resort to buy all 7 tickets. You wont need any phots for a 5 day pass
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Contact your hotel and check if they will sell you the lift passes. Most Austrian hotels do. Easy and little faff.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jafa, @HutToHut, thanks guys and i will do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know anybody who bought his skiing pass online. The fastest way to get one is at the counter in the evening before the counter closes. In the morning it is usually very crowded especially on the weekends.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We bought our Super Ski passes (which covered the Kitzbühel area and Ski Amade where we are now) online back in December. Uploaded photos which were needed for season passes and they were sent to us in the post in the UK. I appreciate buying season passes might be different from 5 day passes but there was no problem doing the transaction online.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always buy my Skiwelt passes in advance. Card received at home, stick it in your coat sleeve. No queueing on arrival Smile

I'm heading out in a couple of weeks and planning a day at Kitz. I've never been.. Any recommendations on what to do for a day. We're 3 dads and 3 x 16 year old boys. What could go wrong Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was planning on buying mine through intersport - hiring the board as well there so seemed easy. Would love if someone has done the same and could tell me how fantastic they are!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd like to have a universal card, that you just load up with the pass for whatever resort you are going to that week/day/season.

One card forever in your pocket. No queuing ever required and no postage once you have got it the first time.

Perfect (maybe).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why bother? (as others have said). We have never bought our passes ahead of time and it has never taken us more than a minute to get them. I think this is just one of those "tips" copy writers like to put in posts/articles about "hitting the slopes" but in reality are next to useless.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stupid question #1 here, we're going to Kitzbuhel on Saturday and for ease bought our passes with Crystal when we booked. No request for photo and they used to dish them out on the transfer bus.

Having DIY'd for several years is this still the done thing or will I get a voucher to present at the ski pass office?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
klang180 wrote:
Why bother? (as others have said). We have never bought our passes ahead of time and it has never taken us more than a minute to get them. I think this is just one of those "tips" copy writers like to put in posts/articles about "hitting the slopes" but in reality are next to useless.

Sometimes it's a 2 minute job, but I've often waited 10-20 minutes. It's not a big deal but when you have already spent 30 minutes collecting skis etc then it's just another x amount of time before you get on the piste.

Both times this year I'll be buying from the office. In fact I've never bought online but can see that there would be a time saving benefit depending on when you arrive and where you are going.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Legend., Ski a la Carte offers a restricted version of that. Works in a few major resorts. Billed retrospectively by the day as you use it. (Plus a small annual fee). No pre-charging required.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pamski wrote:
We bought our Super Ski passes (which covered the Kitzbühel area and Ski Amade where we are now) online back in December. Uploaded photos which were needed for season passes and they were sent to us in the post in the UK. I appreciate buying season passes might be different from 5 day passes but there was no problem doing the transaction online.

Same as Pamski, although, perhaps we bought them in Nov? - only way to take advantage of the discount for early purchase. Passes arrived in a couple of days.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Love buying the photo passes online - gives you a chance to get a vaguely nice photo.
Having said that, with my photo from the Sölden office, my 17st, bashed up ex rugby playing, male friend looked more like my photo than I did so could have saved him some dosh!! (I didn't... my philosophy - you use the service, you pay for the service
snow report
@Scamper, it may have been November, that is not my department. But know we got the discount. We/he also bought all the vignettes etc needed for various passes, tunnels, Swiss motorway.... although we are now not going to Les Gets on our way back from Altenmarkt so we don’t need the Swiss vignette. Of course it is already stuck in the car so no chance of selling it. Sorry, thread drift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy