Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train service to and from bourg st maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know where I can find information on train cancellations to and from bourg?

My son was due to return to Geneva on Monday morning using the 10.14 train from bourg. Late on Sunday he received a text saying the train had been cancelled. There was some alternatives offered, but none would have allowed him to catch his flight.

Fortunately he was able to get to Crolles in time to catch the blabla bus to the airport.

We as using the same route to the airport on Friday (it is costing 24 euros, so is very inexpensive) given the time my son received his text we will be out of options.

It would be really useful to know at what time trains are cancelled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnE wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find information on train cancellations to and from bourg?

My son was due to return to Geneva on Monday morning using the 10.14 train from bourg. Late on Sunday he received a text saying the train had been cancelled. There was some alternatives offered, but none would have allowed him to catch his flight.

Fortunately he was able to get to Crolles in time to catch the blabla bus to the airport.

We as using the same route to the airport on Friday (it is costing 24 euros, so is very inexpensive) given the time my son received his text we will be out of options.

It would be really useful to know at what time trains are cancelled

Going via Crolles seems long winded, why don't you go to Chambery and pick up the airport bus there?

The cancellations are due to the ongoing transport strike (which the press claim is over). They are generally notified a day or two in advance via SMS but the oui.sncf shows them too. The cancellations are due to two reasons: not enough passengers so the SNCF cancels them to save money or no driver or other staff due to strike action. It is all very difficult. Generally at the weekend things are better to the alps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @davidof, that is really useful.

My son stopped overnight at a friend's house on Sunday night Who was able to drop my son off on his way to work in grenoble on Monday morning as he passed through crolles. Apart from a very long wait at the airport it all went smoothly
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have checked on the sncf web site and my train is cancelled. Sad the sncf website says there is a bus service at 8.41 in the morning. Late enough to get the funicular down

But what I need to know is do I have to reserve a seat on the bus or just turn up?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE,
My train was cancelled recently from bourg to chambery. The ticket office signed my train ticket and i used the bus. All was OK.

My return train was cancelled and the same happened except the bus was full and I was told to wait 3 hours without the guarantee of a seat!

I shared a taxis with 2 other people as I didn't fancy the wait.
So it's a bit of a lottery
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @stewart woodward, we will nip down to Bourg tomorrow and call into the ticket office.

If we are delayed 2 hours we miss our flight. Then things really start getting expensive
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We caught the 8:41 bus from Bourg st Maurice in the end with a number of other skiers who came down on the 7:30 funicular. No one asked to see our tickets. We just dumped our bags in the hold and climbed on board. The bus was about 3/4 full and picked up more passengers at Landry and Aime stations. It was almost full by the time we got to Moutiers where a number of people got off. It appeared that another bus originated in Moutiers so no one else got on the bus from then on. The journey was actually quite enjoyable as we went into village train stations and could look over the hedgerows etc.

We arrived in Chambery in plenty of time for our connecting train the Geneva.

While we were waiting for the bus in Bourg we investigated a direct coach to Geneva airport. It would have allowed us an extra 3 hours in Les Arcs as it left 3 hours later. It did, however, cost over 70 euros each compared to the 24 euros by train one way.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a superb journey from the UK to Courchevel a couple of weeks ago. The train from Moutiers to Chambery was cancelled, but teamed up with a few others, hopped in a cab and got to Chambery 30 minutes earlier than the train. Did cost an extra EUR30 each, but wasn't a big issue. Annoying, but otherwise everything was perfect:

http://youtube.com/v/KM8B9kvwDBY&t=1s

www.skiflightfree.org #stayontheground
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@iainm, I take it that this was the train scehduled for around 11:00 ie the one we were meant to be on. Though not publically announced it appears to have been removed from the timetable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy