Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Good Movies?

Poster: A snowHead
As per title really, I'm a bit more into the back country/free ride rather than Gibbing type stuff. If there was a full length version of that Korua Shapes "Yearning for Turning" clip that was up here a while back that would really float my boat.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume you have watched the likes of:

Art of flight
Deeper
that's it that's

Admittedly they are more focused on big mountain snowboarding, there are mainly snowboarding.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup, I’ve seen the art of flight and deeper. Will look up that’s it that’s all.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 14-02-20 23:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jeremy Jones has a series out on Amazon Prime called Further, which might be worth a look (I've only seen the first episode so far), each episode is only about 20 mins too, which works well for the commute in Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jones has a trilogy
Deeper, Further & Higher
He also has another called "Ode to Muir"

As already mentioned above, That's it, That's all & The Art of flight are great to watch. Travis Rice also has "The Fourth Phase" .

Jones, Rice and Iguchi have one called Roadless that came out this winter but I haven't seen it yet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
New Travis Rice movie 'Dark Matter' is on Amazon Prime: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Matter-Travis-Rice/dp/B082Z7KDSX?tag=amz07b-21

Also most of the other titles above, mostly to rent at a cost. Amazon is advertising a free 7-day trial of 'Echoboom Sports' though which seems to include quite a lot, might be good for a free weekend of viewing!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blade Runner, Aliens, Terminator
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
blade Runner, Aliens, Terminator
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rumour has it Korua did a full film called "Turning for minds". No facts to back this up, just some guy told me at the ski shop. If true it is on my to watch list when I get home.

Vimeo is a good source for obscure free movies.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think this might be the one.......

http://youtube.com/v/GF_yPSIjIz0

......... it looks good to me.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you don't mind skiing and snowboarding together zabardast is about as back country as you can get, excellent film.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Check out Absinthe films.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@boarder2020, +1 zabardast is amazing. The opening scene had me holding my breath.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a look at shelter by almo films too.
hut to hut in the alps.
not quite as hold your breath as zabardast
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I found shelter on line yesterday afternoon, so whilst getting slowly sizzled with a mate we watched:

The Art of Flight
Shelter
The Fourth element
Anomaly
Apocalypse Snow.
ski holidays
Shelter was featured on ski Sunday this evening too.
ski holidays
grahamt1980 wrote:
Shelter was featured on ski Sunday this evening too.

Yes i was watching that also, need to watch it.
snow report
It was one of the later films we watched. I thought it all looked a bit blurry, but very good. (please note most of what was watched beyond about 11pm was pretty blurry culminating in Apocalypse Snow which verged on double vision complete with 'any minute now you'll see the catamaran' or 'just wait for the iron cross backflip double eject to face plant train jump' type comments.
snow conditions
Dark Matter, the new Travis flick, might be a little short on wordy substance / philosophy but it gave me the biggest Oh F*ck Oh F*ck Oh F*ck get me to that spot right now buzz I've had from a snowboard movie in a very long time.

Nico Mueller's autobiographical movie is good (Fruition).

For short edits, both the Yearning for Turning and Slice and Dice series are great, both turning/carving orientated rather than massive tricks or mega-mountain freeriding.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy