Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Rental arriving late in Les Arcs/Rental Republic

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Were arriving into Les Arcs off the daytime Eurostar Ski train (strikes dependent!) quite late on a Saturday night, the heading up to 1950. One of our party has lessons at 9 on the Sunday morning, so we're trying to work out the best way to ensure we can get her some kit.

Most shops we've seen look like they'll be closed when we get there, and only open at 0830, which isn't enough time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how we can get her some gear by 0900?

Currently our plan is to use rentalrepublic.co.uk. Has anyone used/know about them? Are they any good?

Anyone have other better ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Beat use them (or used to) as their inhouse ski hire service.

I always recall lots of changes the next day, especially with boots, and tbh their selection has to fit in a van so it seemed it was never great.

Also you had to arrange a time to meet them to do changes and it fitted their schedule, not yours. With a shop you just go back.

I'd suggest being first at the hire shop door at 1950 as your best bet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My only comment is that lessons on the first day can take a little longer, as they sort the classes out. As said above, be the first in the shop and if going to be late for the class, one of your group could meet the Instructor and either persuade the group to wait a few minutes, or make arrangements to meet up a little later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm surprised that a ski hire shop will open at 8.30 on a Sunday. Are you sure it's not 7.30? However I'm not an expert on arc 1950
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi All,

#full disclosure! I am the founder and CEO of rentalrepublic and while happy to answer any Q's - don't want to use the forum for shameless self promotion so will be treading a line...

@ChrisKernow, there are often changes the next day and there are two main ways we work this:

1. 24 & 48 hours after arrival in resort the team will text each group leader to ask if they are happy with the equipment or would like to make any changes...if the answer is yes then we make arrangements to meet and make any changes, this is at the clients convenience and can be at their accommodation - or at any other accessible location in any of our resorts, bar/restaurant etc etc.
2. We also operate a 1 hour response team all day (08:00 - 20:00) every day in all resorts for emergencies, stolen/broken skis, lost poles, boots that need changing urgently and so on.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy