Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking of going to Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks again for all your comments.

Think we have narrowed it down to Les Carroz - will also be a new one for us to try & seems to tick a lot of boxes. I have done a lot of research on the area & only negative is that it maybe a risk when we go in late March as its not that high. But otherwise looks like a great ski area to try.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Andrew911, Good choice. snowHead

We are tied to school holidays so have only ever skied in Les Carroz in the last week of March or first two weeks of April. Usually there is good snowcover down to the village in late March. The only time we were not able to ski back to the village was in April 2017 when we had to download by gondola..however even that year there was plenty of enjoyable skiing in Flaine and the rest of the Grand Massif.

I recommend staying in Les Chalets de Jouvence which is at the foot of the piste and with a few minutes walk of town. however there are plenty of cheaper options in the village itself.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum wrote:
@Andrew911, Good choice. snowHead

I recommend staying in Les Chalets de Jouvence which is at the foot of the piste and with a few minutes walk of town. however there are plenty of cheaper options in the village itself.
Yes we are looking at staying there as well Very Happy Cheers Sounds like a good resort & something different for us. Have done places like Val, Tignes, Les Arc so would be nice to try something different.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Andrew911 wrote:
@Idris do you know if St Gervais or Les Contamines are well served for mini- markets? We'll be doing self-catering. Cheers

Les Contamines has 3 supermarché in the center and at least on in hameau le lay
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Gervais has one supermarket I know of but its only a 10 min or less drive to Intermarche.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are a group of 4 ( boys trip) from Leicester going to chamonix. It is just an all round amazing experience. Skiing , drinking and eating.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Andrew911, good choice. But then I am biased! You have plenty of options and as it is not the school holidays at that time, you will be able to ski over to Flaine very quickly when you want above the tree line bowl skiing. It is not 'hopping' for apres but has some lovely bars and places to eat and 2 supermarkets in the village + an easy transfer from Geneva. Plenty of good option for lunch on the mtn as well. There is a picnic room at the top of the telecabine in LC and the DMC in Flaine, if you want to dump a bag of sarnies/drinks. If the weather is good there are a few picnic tables on Marvel (the long green that goes from the top to bottom of Morillon) where we often stop for a picnic at Easter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
looks like youve made your mind up but another curve ball, flying in to Turin opens up lots of Italian ski resorts(via latta/cervina/the rest aosta area). Better food(and coffee) at reasonable prices.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@Swj, Morzine is not an hour from Geneva. Think more of 75-90 minutes.

Google confirms 70mins to Morzine, 62mins to Chamonix

And you can ski PdS in half a day? Ha, you must ski faster than you drive Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@polo, while somewhat route dependent, the 110 kph limit on the A40 adds a bit of time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy